+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vydra

Yeah - I'll kind of raise my hand above elbow level.

Vydra is a decent player as I have said all along.

Wood and Vydra look great - occasionally
    Wood and Barnes look combatative - regularly
    Barnes and Jay - look promising occasionally
    Vydra and Jay look creative
    Barnes and Jay look promising

the missing link/word is potent - none of them have the X factor and therefore each of them though being really decent players creates wow.
    Wood

Vydra is looking brighter and hungrier with the game time he is given whereas Jayrod is looking like a dud more and more.

Unfortunately he is not good enough at this level although I would say you cannot doubt his efforts. He is not alone as same can be said about JRod and Lowton

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Unfortunately he is not good enough at this level although I would say you cannot doubt his efforts. He is not alone as same can be said about JRod and Lowton
    I think he quite a intelligent footballer Lancaster tbh ,and sometimes when I take a step back I think 3-4 years ago he was doing what olly Watkins was doing in the championship. ( I’m not professing he’s as good but when you start to look at other forwards at clubs he is where we are ).
    If we had bred a Watkins he’d have gone last season for 35/40 million and we’d be talking about the same things again ie our forwards not scoring.
    I do sympathies with wood a bit as he must think get it wide and deliver it with pace and I’ll score my 14 goals again - pressure would be off .
    As it stands at the minute we’re talking about Vydra who Dyche must nearly have convinced up to injuries last season that the best he could hope for was 10 mins impact player and really wouldn’t be considered weekly starting.

We would get a much better return from all the front men if we had creative - and width - pace in the shape of 3/4 players.

I know I bang on about him but JBG should be called the invisible wide man , the amount of times over the years he just disappears in games for prolonged periods is beyond me ( he’s got a new deal as well - that’s beyond me aswell ).

New blood required and quite a lot of it regardless of if we survive in this league ( especially if we survive ).

He had a bit of "bite" and aggression about him today. He did enough to start next week for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    He had a bit of "bite" and aggression about him today. He did enough to start next week for me.
    Maybe he's slipped the occasional pudding, chips, mushy peas and gravy into his diet, beefed himself up a bit ? Worked wonders for me, I was the best left-back in D2 of the Burnley Combination back in the day, on a diet like that.

Hes a good player, the more he doesn't feel on trial by the management the better he will get, so as long as he gets a long run he will keep getting better. For me one of the best two strikers at the club. That ball in for Wood was great as well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)