Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
To be fair to RN, last time round he brought Hearts up and they were very strong in the Premiership, not just in their first season back but the next season too. And their decline has coincided with his then departure. It’s hard to tell absolutely how he would have fared with us this season. Who knows, he may have gotten the Nisbet deal over the line for instance, but otherwise it’s all conjecture. He made his decision, he went to Hearts and that’s that. I do still appreciate him getting us up and I really do think he should get a lot of credit for that despite his detractors - after all he did what Ray and Csaba tried and failed at miserably. But at the end of the day, he jumped ship and for better or worse, it is what it is so let’s just move on.
In a non covid world, we'd have finished on a high after our lull, he'd had strengthened the team on the back of thy season ticket sales, the big crowds we'd have had all season and imo would have saw us get top 5/6, dying think he'd have left for hearts

We have been badly affected by covid, all clubs who were doing well have been affected more than those who were struggling or just average

Things changed so much for us as we were on such a high overall as a club, the crowds home and away our first season back would been mental, think 96/97 kinda vibe

Hence I'm giving melon plenty leeway as he took over in difficult circumstances and staying up well now than do, comfortable mid table looking like just now