+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question

Question

Would we have stayed up with big sam in charge from the start of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Lost city albion View Post
    Would we have stayed up with big sam in charge from the start of the season
    Easy mid table, if had started the season.

He knows who’s a player and who isn’t.

This is the best man available to bring us back up with a team and formula to then stay up.

FOL.

Not with the likes of Livermore, Sawyers, Phillips, Diangana, Austin, Zohore and The Welsh International, quite frankly I hope he disappears into the sunset with the above and we get a younger more up to date coach, todays performance was typical Allerdyce, how we got away with it goodness knows

With the exact same players for the exact same amount of time? NO.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    He knows who’s a player and who isn’t.

This is the best man available to bring us back up with a team and formula to then stay up.

FOL.

Like the fact he’s been ruthless and replaced useless t urds like Livermore and Sawyers with quality. That said - puzzled why Phillips gets in the team as he’s complete s hite!

We need to see all the dead wood gone as not even championship material - Livermore - sawyers - Phillips - Zohore - Welsh International - Kipre and take stock! Dowling is the problem and should be sacked immediately!

Makes me vomit spending 32 million on Grant and Diangana and players brought in such as Snodgrass - Okay - Maitland- Niles and Diagne are a different class! For that you have to give it to Fat Sam!

I think we would still be in a relegation fight if we had BS at the start ..... but am sure we would have at least another q0 points. Feel he is slowly turning us around ..... but as we all know it’s gonna be too little too late ..... am starting to think if he stays he could well bring us back up ..... but depends on what support he gets from the ownership ...... one obvious challenge next season is the loaners - Maitland, Gallagher, Ojay and orpbably Diange will be gone .... so it will be a re-building job ....

Possibly, if he had the benefit of the summer window I would say yes, the players we currently have are probably just about good enough, for me keep Allardyce next season as I am sure he will get us back up, and as you all know I prefer that league anyway, having him in charge would I think make for a great season.

Slaven and Sam as of today have had 13 matches each, 7 points to Slaven and 10 for Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Slaven and Sam as of today have had 13 matches each, 7 points to Slaven and 10 for Sam.
    I have to admit that I was not in favour of replacing Slaven with Sam.

However I do think that there has been improvement under Sam and not only have we won more points but also I do think the 10 we have got under Sam is the least we should have got. We should have had at least another 4 and maybe even more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)