+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Like his persona but has Warne run his time with us?

Yes, we’ve lost the last 5 but by very fine margins including offside goals against us, worldie saves, woodwork and bad luck stopping Wiles goals.

Add the facts that 2 CBs now injured and 1 suspended, our busiest midfielder and best winger injured, ladapo devoid of any confidence and Hirst a huge disappointment means that with 3 keepers a 25 man squad becomes 16 outfield players. Sadlier hasn’t shown much and Clarke isn’t good enough.

Warne is working under very difficult circumstances. Most of the things within his. Control he does extremely well.

On another note. Hirst was begged by Wednesday to stay. Leicester chased him down and it hasn’t happened here at all for him. But if he scores the winner on Wednesday then all is forgiven and he can dine out on that for a while.

Said all along,nice fella but out of his depth in the championship

Despite not picking Vickers and letting Lamy go I think Warney has done the best with what he’s had at his disposal.

We need our luck to change quickly

Paul Warne has overachieved and is now being punished for it. With our resources we were never going to compete with this division. He has promoted us twice, albeit by default last season, but his record stands for itself.
    After a decent start, we've had the loss of several ***** players, who, due to our finances we are unable to replace. He took over, when frankly, no one else would touch it. He deserves more understanding from everyone.
    In the future, this will be looked on as one of our most successful periods in our history.
    I did say I was happy to be in the third division, and got slaughtered for it. I also said that folk would get mardy if it got difficult.

Brin was having a pop at Tony Stewart around this time of the season last time we were in the Championship.

To be fair, if recent results were meals in a restaurant, you would be sending them back to the kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Paul Warne has overachieved and is now being punished for it. With our resources we were never going to compete with this division. He has promoted us twice, albeit by default last season, but his record stands for itself.
    After a decent start, we've had the loss of several ***** players, who, due to our finances we are unable to replace. He took over, when frankly, no one else would touch it. He deserves more understanding from everyone.
    In the future, this will be looked on as one of our most successful periods in our history.
    I did say I was happy to be in the third division, and got slaughtered for it. I also said that folk would get mardy if it got difficult.
    No over-achieving is keeping us up in the division like Ronnie Moore did like Steve Evans did like Neil Warnock did. Paul Warne has failed already and looks like he's gonna fail again if we don't start picking up again soon. If football was played on resources then Barnsley and Luton wouldn't be in the league position they're in.

For me he's tactically not capable over taking our club to next level now I'm not talking about the playoffs or anything I know that would be reach for 99% of managers but I'm talking about doing a Luton in surviving then kick on a few more places the season after.

Over I think Warne has always got the best out of the players in terms of desire and work rate I just don't think he's getting the best out of them in terms of ability and its all down to tactical side.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I see the Barnsley invader is back preaching again.

Around this time last year he disowned his club and said he wasn't going again.
    His excuse was that he didn't agree with the methods of business employed by the owner whereas in reality it had more to do with their very precarious league position and they were looking certs for the drop. He'd lost interest and is clearly a fair weather fan

I haven't read any RUFC fans on here who has said they aren't going again because we are in a poor league position.

I'm not going to get abusive towards him but I wouldnt pay too much credence to what he says in future. Not a proper football fan
    I actually think he has psychological issues. I used to dislike him. But I'm actually starting to pity him. His need for attention (from others who clearly have no interest in him) is genuinely pitiful. As you said Flour, a proper Johnny come lately type who is only bothered when things are going well.

No he hasn't run his time. We're losing narrowly to teams that have single players who command higher wages than our entire team. Warne is working with very limited resources which have become increasingly depleted in recent weeks. And yet results before the recent bad run (mainly against front running teams) mean we are still in with a shout. y view is he's getting the most out of what we have and what we can afford.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast