+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Like his persona but has Warne run his time with us?

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I think the Blackstock saga, is still bruising in the boardroom, so no big wage earners allowed.
    Also think that ex Leeds player Luciano Becchio burned Stewart's fingers. He was on loan for a full season from Norwich. At the time it was a real coup for us but his wage, his subsequent injury and the sting at the end, must have opened Stewart's eyes to the world of football.

I thought Becchio, although carrying loads of weight was still a consummate forward. He scored two goals in his 5 appearances before his injury curtailed anymore appearances for us. Now for the sting!

Don't ask me how I know I just do, but he was on £18,000 a week at the time when we signed him. Stewart paid £8,000 a week of his wage to Norwich. With his injury, back to Norwich he went as that was his parent club. Stewart thought that was the end of that but oh no. Norwich wanted his whole loan period wages paid in full by RUFC as he had got injured playing for us and that's what Stewart had to do, a whole seasons wage of £8,000 a week never to be seen in a Millers shirt again.
    Last edited by Brin; 28-02-2021 at 10:29 PM.

Back to the original question about whether warne has run his time with us. It's starting to feel a bit like that relationship you've been in for years. Its stale, neither party is truly happy, you bicker, you annoy each other, you both know youve drifted apart, nobody's to blame it just happens in life. But, theres an awful feeling of anxiety about being single and starting all over again. What if the next partner is even worse. What if there is no next partner!

There will be life after warne. Despite what some on here will have you believe there will be managers who can be just as good, if not better,on similar resources. I'll be the first to admit there are also a lot who would be worse. Finding the right guy is up to the club, not us.

Maybe fetch Tonge in permanently

Could Warne depart if the result goes against us against the Owls, with the Doncaster Rovers managers job on the line now, could Rovers go in for him.
    Personally I would not sack him, let him finish the season, then see what league we are in next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Could Warne depart if the result goes against us against the Owls, with the Doncaster Rovers managers job on the line now, could Rovers go in for him.
    Personally I would not sack him, let him finish the season, then see what league we are in next season.
    Well one thing is certain, fans will want his head if we lose

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Back to the original question about whether warne has run his time with us. It's starting to feel a bit like that relationship you've been in for years. Its stale, neither party is truly happy, you bicker, you annoy each other, you both know youve drifted apart, nobody's to blame it just happens in life. But, theres an awful feeling of anxiety about being single and starting all over again. What if the next partner is even worse. What if there is no next partner!

There will be life after warne. Despite what some on here will have you believe there will be managers who can be just as good, if not better,on similar resources. I'll be the first to admit there are also a lot who would be worse. Finding the right guy is up to the club, not us.
    Very well put Grumps. A very diplomatic view on the situation. It isn't getting any easier like you say and Stewart knows how to manipulate Warne with his false promises.

Warne is just grateful of the job he's in. Could be a big merry go round in the close season, but then again Stewart knows Warne works with next to nothing so he's the safe bet to keep and allow him to get us promoted once again should we be relegated this season.

Which would be pointless, he must stay until the end of the season at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Which would be pointless, he must stay until the end of the season at least.
    I can't see Stewart sacking Warne even if we go down. Warne is a chairman's dream, give him feck all to play with but somehow still conjure up some magic with another promotion. Fans happy, Chairman laughing, Manager happy, that's RUFC in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I can't see Stewart sacking Warne even if we go down. Warne is a chairman's dream, give him feck all to play with but somehow still conjure up some magic with another promotion. Fans happy, Chairman laughing, Manager happy, that's RUFC in a nutshell.
    It's called financial survival Brin

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It's called financial survival Brin
    Grist, I agree wholeheartedly in today's football economic climate but, it still shows of lacking ambition to at least attempt to stay in the Championship......again!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast