+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today's decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Not sure if any of you watched Wales England in the Rugby after our game, talk about diabolical refereeing! Similar to our game the red allowed Wales to take a free kick while our captain under instruction from the ref was talking to our players. Shocking. Perhaps it’s not just football suffering from poor officials but to me it seems the refs who used to be anonymous figures now seem to want to be the centre of attention...
    This was a disgraceful incident, shocking to say the least. Is this referee French? In Rugby, i’ve never known a french ref ever to be fair with England. On balance of results, i was just glad we beat Brighton. Anyway, the 6 nations are more important in the year of world cup. I think we need to drop Farrell and start to think about who’ll be captain for the next world cup.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Dunk scored in exactly the same way from a free kick at Liverpool last season having asked the ref if he could take it quickly.

A total lack of awareness and nous from Johnstone, keepers should do their homework on opposition players like outfield players are supposed to.

Even playing in goal as a kid down the park with mates, when it was my turn in goal I listened to what my dad told me as a nipper, it doesn't matter if you're an outfield player or the goalie.......you NEVER take your eye off that stationary ball even for a second.

Very poor by Johnstone I thought.

Having said all this, not one pundit pointed out that two Brighton players were stood offside when that free kick was struck, one of which was central to the goals themselves.

The punditry is as bad as I've ever known it.

Micah Richards FFS.......talk about tokenism..........the bloke is a total oaf.
    Micah Richards... overpowering, over excitable bore

For once I don't think that it is tokenism as there are some very good black pundits out there. Unfortunately, he's not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    This was a disgraceful incident, shocking to say the least. Is this referee French? In Rugby, i’ve never known a french ref ever to be fair with England. On balance of results, i was just glad we beat Brighton. Anyway, the 6 nations are more important in the year of world cup. I think we need to drop Farrell and start to think about who’ll be captain for the next world cup.
    I thought the first two Welsh tries were absolutely diabolical decisions ....... distinct whiff of bias and anti-English from French officials. In the end England threw it away with poor discipline having got back to 24-24 ...... but the poor decisions when they happened had a much bigger impact on the match

Also ..... don’t get me going on this .... the England players retreated after the “ref discussion” presumably because they thought Biggar was going to kick at goal ...... pretty usual from a position to kick an easy penalty at that stage of the game ..... and then the bugger plays it like a quick tap penalty in the middle of the pitch ..... diabolical ... but if the ref allows you to get away with it .....

Although born in Wales of Welsh parents and a grandfather who played rugby for Wales, the first try was an appalling decision and should never have been allowed. The second, I'm not so sure of, a bit of a technicality that one. Perhaps moving to Herefordshire when only a month old makes me less blinkered.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
    Also ..... don’t get me going on this .... the England players retreated after the “ref discussion” presumably because they thought Biggar was going to kick at goal ...... pretty usual from a position to kick an easy penalty at that stage of the game ..... and then the bugger plays it like a quick tap penalty in the middle of the pitch ..... diabolical ... but if the ref allows you to get away with it .....
    Was the arrogance of the ref got me ( and yes he was French!) just dismissed Farrell who asked a fair question.. shocking.

Regarding the weekend's controversial incident's there are those that just aren't conclusive and therefore it should be left to the referee, and only him, to decide whether or not to look at VAR and then only he should make the decision. The Man. Utd. / Chelsea decision wasn't conclusive nor was Brighton's second penalty conclusive. I personally don't think that either were penalties. For Solksjar to claim it was 100% a penalty was ridiculous. What was conclusive though was that Mason did make a mistake. In hindsight that goal should have stood.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Regarding the weekend's controversial incident's there are those that just aren't conclusive and therefore it should be left to the referee, and only him, to decide whether or not to look at VAR and then only he should make the decision. The Man. Utd. / Chelsea decision wasn't conclusive nor was Brighton's second penalty conclusive. I personally don't think that either were penalties. For Solksjar to claim it was 100% a penalty was ridiculous. What was conclusive though was that Mason did make a mistake. In hindsight that goal should have stood.
    Solskjaer,was not a bad player in his day.as a manager along with the other money club managers and players are to put it bluntly titty babbies,they come on sky and whatever ,and sound stupid and childish.maguire after the baggies game .made himself look stupid I though he was gonna start blartin.they manage and play for money clubs and think its there devine right to win every game.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    Solskjaer,was not a bad player in his day.as a manager along with the other money club managers and players are to put it bluntly titty babbies,they come on sky and whatever ,and sound stupid and childish.maguire after the baggies game .made himself look stupid I though he was gonna start blartin.they manage and play for money clubs and think its there devine right to win every game.
    Maguire doesn’t have to make himself look stupid, he is naturally stupid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)