Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
Dunk scored in exactly the same way from a free kick at Liverpool last season having asked the ref if he could take it quickly.

A total lack of awareness and nous from Johnstone, keepers should do their homework on opposition players like outfield players are supposed to.

Even playing in goal as a kid down the park with mates, when it was my turn in goal I listened to what my dad told me as a nipper, it doesn't matter if you're an outfield player or the goalie.......you NEVER take your eye off that stationary ball even for a second.

Very poor by Johnstone I thought.

Having said all this, not one pundit pointed out that two Brighton players were stood offside when that free kick was struck, one of which was central to the goals themselves.

The punditry is as bad as I've ever known it.

Micah Richards FFS.......talk about tokenism..........the bloke is a total oaf.
Not sure which of the Sky channels I was watching because one of the commentators DID say that they were looking at the offside for the 2 Brighton players. The ‘ex player’ with him commented that he couldn’t see how the VAR could see if they were in Johnstone’s eye line and he certainly wasn’t lined up to save it anyway.

In my humble opinion Johnstone was totally to blame. Posing stood leaning on the post totally oblivious to anything. I also can’t see why anyone didn’t stand in front of the ball either. To say the least, we were naive and amateurish and if the goal had been given we would have got what we deserved.