+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Think tonight, decisions made

I’ve had access to a New England Patriots season ticket for the last fif**** or so years.

Draft and salary caps didn’t do much to suppress their dominance?

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    I’ve had access to a New England Patriots season ticket for the last fif**** or so years.

Draft and salary caps didn’t do much to suppress their dominance?
    Having Brady and Bellichek seemed somewhat unfair - dominance eventually broken and Chiefs getting Mahomes in the draft a few years back is why they are enjoying their day in the sun now I guess.

I always looked out for the Dolphins and their upturn seems to be largely due to a few years of draft priority too.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Having Brady and Bellichek seemed somewhat unfair - dominance eventually broken and Chiefs getting Mahomes in the draft a few years back is why they are enjoying their day in the sun now I guess.

I always looked out for the Dolphins and their upturn seems to be largely due to a few years of draft priority too.
    It’s been on hold because of coronavirus (and still might not happen), but I’m supposed to have moved to the northwest coast of the US (from the northeast), so I guess I’ll be watching different teams here live at some point.

Still have my ER season ticket though!

Would rather have draft/salary cap applicable here than seeing something like Celtic or Rangers winning every year....of my lifetime !

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Would rather have draft/salary cap applicable here than seeing something like Celtic or Rangers winning every year....of my lifetime !
    Will you feel the same oz when my team wins it again this year and possibly next year
    Like I said in theory it's great but.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Will you feel the same oz when my team wins it again this year and possibly next year
    Like I said in theory it's great but.
    Plenty of teams have won 2 or 3 in a row...but it is getting harder to do. Happy to hear the argument again if you win 10 in a row like they do in Scotland!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Plenty of teams have won 2 or 3 in a row...but it is getting harder to do. Happy to hear the argument again if you win 10 in a row like they do in Scotland!
    I'm with you bro and hope they work something out but as the foreigners run supreme in all the leagues there is little hope.
    The rich clubs will be buying championships and there will be nothing left.
    Hope you don't forget what they did to soccer here when they dumbed all the teams that made the soccer and produced the likes of Viduka and created a crap league now going the way of the rest of the world full of foreigners.
    Ohh football how it was it's like a dream that will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    I'm with you bro and hope they work something out but as the foreigners run supreme in all the leagues there is little hope.
    The rich clubs will be buying championships and there will be nothing left.
    Hope you don't forget what they did to soccer here when they dumbed all the teams that made the soccer and produced the likes of Viduka and created a crap league now going the way of the rest of the world full of foreigners.
    Ohh football how it was it's like a dream that will never happen.
    It is like at pleasant dream at ER at the moment - best football seem there for years after the previous dreams which were more like a prolonged nightmare.

Great comments about what fans miss about going to ER on the Phil Hay Show podcast.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)