+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: O/T Mega Poptastic Pop Quiz (10)

25. Presumably Salt-n-Pepa - only song I vaguely know by them is Push It?

Quote Originally Posted by eversleymiller View Post
    1. Private investigations - Dire Straits if this is right then thanks for the prompts CAM and Brin
    36. I discounted Blue Velvet and Bobby Vinton as being way too early but given the clue that’s what I’m going for
    Both correct.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    25. Presumably Salt-n-Pepa - only song I vaguely know by them is Push It?
    One is enough CT. Correct.

10 Bitterest Pill - The Jam

Just from the clue
    47. What's going on?- 4 non blondes

It's actually called What's Up Magyar but good enough at this stage of the game. Down to just 5 now.

2. Whoa, whoa, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah (Not a sparrow)
    6. It is much too late to turn away We started out as friends (Singer sounds a bit like a Midlands football rivalry?)
    15. And don't you know I would move heaven and earth (Does it describe TS/PW just like his other hit "Never Going To Give You Up" did?)
    26. I guess I'm all confused about you I feel so in love Oh, baby, what can I do? (Band describes where a Metropolitan PC should spend his time)
    38. Who, who, who, who, who? (I thought this many times when walking into Rawmarsh CC on a Friday night)
    Last edited by CAMiller; 01-03-2021 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It's actually called What's Up Magyar but good enough at this stage of the game. Down to just 5 now.
    Should think so after you spelled mould without a "u"

15 - Rick Astley - Together Forever

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Should think so after you spelled mould without a "u"

15 - Rick Astley - Together Forever
    Correct.

BTW As quizmaster I am allowed to use Google so blame them for the mold

https://www.google.com/search?q=bitt...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Time's up gents. Well done to everyone, just the 4 highlighted went unsolved. A bit surprised about (2) after the clues and one confession I did accidentally slip into the year 2000 with (38) but I don't think it prevented it being solved.

1. I go checking out the reports Digging up the dirt Private Investigations Dire Straits
    2. Whoa, whoa, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah Wings Of A Dove Madness
    3. The rum calypso sarong We'll all be singing this song Agadoo Black Lace
    4. He's gotta be strong, and he's gotta be fast And he's gotta be fresh from the fight Holding Out For A Hero Bonnie Tyler
    5. It's gonna take plenty of money To do it right, child Got My Mind Set On You George Harrison
    6. It is much too late to turn away We started out as friends Sign Your Name Terrence Trent D'Arby
    7. I got me a Chrysler, it seats about twenty So hurry up and bring your jukebox money Love Shack The B52s
    8. Yeah, on the catwalk, on the catwalk, yeah I do my little turn on the catwalk I'm Too ***y Right Said Fred
    9. I can change, I can change But I'm here in my mold I am here in my mold Bitter Sweet Symphony The Verve
    10. If I took if for a hundred years, I couldn't feel anymore ill The Bitterest Pill The Jam
    11. Let the music play on (play on, play on, play on...) All Night Long Lionel Richie
    12. If it's somethin' weird an' it don't look good Ghostbusters Ray Parker Jr.
    13. "Be-Bop-A-Lula, " "Baby What I Say" Walk Of Life Dire Straits
    14. You're a bum You're a punk You're an old **** on junk Fairytale Of New York The Pogues/Kirsy McColl
    15. And don't you know I would move heaven and earth Together Forever Rick Astley
    16. All'alba vinceṛ! vinceṛ, vinceṛ! Nessun Dorma Luciano Pavarotti
    17. When it's cold outside I've got the month of May My Girl The Temptations
    18. He sings the songs that remind him of the best times Tubthumping Chumbawamba
    19. There's nothin' where he used to lie Our conversation has run dry Torn Natalie Imbruglia
    20. And I'm telling it to you straight So you don't have to hear it in another way Annie I'm Not Your Daddy Kid Creole and the Coconuts
    21. Daddy's gonna buy you A dream to cling to Love of the Common People Paul Young
    22. But when I woke up this morning I could have sworn it was judgment day 1999 Prince
    23. Now, I don't claim to be an A student But I'm trying to be Wonderful World Sam Cooke
    24. Ain't got no place to lay your head Somebody came and took your bed Don't Worry Be Happy Bobby McFerrin
    25. Oooh, baby, baby Baby, baby Oooh, baby, baby Baby, baby Push It Salt 'n' Pepa
    26. I guess I'm all confused about you I feel so in love Oh, baby, what can I do? I've Been Thinking About You Londonbeat
    27. Riddley pat And sing to me love's story And bring to me love's glory Heartbeat Nick Berry
    28. Knit one, pearl one Drop one, curl one Vindaloo Fat Les
    29. This year, to save me from tears I'll give it to someone special Last Christmas Wham
    30. You know I'll change If change is what you require Mirror Man Human League
    31. Oh daddy dear, you know you're still number one Girls Just Wanna Have Fun Cyndi Lauper
    32. But it was Saturday night, I guess that makes it all right Little Red Corvette Prince
    33. I've wasted all my tears Wasted all those years Holding Back The Years Simply Red
    34. Every generation Blames the one before The Living Years Mike and the Mechanics
    35. Oh Shirley, oh Deborah, oh Julie, oh Jane Song For Whoever The Beautiful South
    36. Softer than satin was the light From the stars Blue Velvet Bobby Vinton
    37. Oh baby, don't hurt me Don't hurt me No more What Is Love Haddaway
    38. Who, who, who, who, who? Who Let The Dogs Out Baha Men
    39. Just one day out of life It would be It would be so nice Holiday Madonna
    40. Out in the street Out in the street Out in the playground Electric Avenue Eddie Grant
    41. 'Cause tonight for the first time Just about half-past ten It's Raining Men Weather Girls
    42. Putting rain in my eyes Tears in my dreams And rocks in my heart That Ole Devil Called Love Alison Moyet
    43. On a blanket with my baby is where I'll be Under The Boardwalk Bruce Willis
    44. Don't get so excited When I come home A little late at night If You Don't Know Me By Now Simply Red
    45. It's a tragedy for me To see the dream is over Girl I'm Gonna Miss You Milli Vanilli
    46. We can have a wee wee We can have a wet on the wall Fog On The Tyne Gazza/Lindisfarne
    47. And so I cry sometimes when I'm lying in bed Just to get it all out what's in my head What's Up 4 Non Blondes
    48. Seagull carry me, over land and sea To my own folk, that's where I want to be Every Beat Of My Heart Rod Stewart
    49. I stumble into town Just like a sacred cow Visions of swastikas in my head China Girl David Bowie
    50. Hold your head up, movin' on, keep your head up, movin' on Sweet Dreams Are Made of This Eurythmics
    51. All of my systems are down Down, down, down Automatic Pointer Sisters
    52. We said our love would last forever So how did it come to this bitter end? Kayleigh Marillion
    53. But I gotta think twice before I give my heart away Faith George Michael
    54. Wherever you go Whatever you do Right Here Waiting Richard Marx
    55. He walks on, doesn't look back He pretends he can't hear her Another Day In Paradise Phil Collins
    56. Drawn by the undertow My life is out of control Sit Down James
    57. Because maybe You're gonna be the one that saves me Wonderwall Oasis
    58. Always believe in your soul You've got the power to know You're indestructable Gold Spandau Ballet
    59. My little baby sister can do it with ease It's easier than learning your A B C's The Locomotion Kylie Minogue
    60. But it's too late to hesitate We can't keep on living like this Temptation Heaven 17

Here's a video of (47) as I thought that one would go quickly but it lingered on 'till almost the end.

Ah 38 - one of those ones that is SO obvious after you're told.

Excellent again, CAM, even though musically I fall off a cliff after the late seventies. (I think it has a lot to do with work becoming more serious and time consuming and, in my case, only having spent a couple of years living in England after 1981.)

Thank you

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast