+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Starting 11 for Tuesday?

Best Starting 11 for Tuesday?

At the moment, with Brinds and Cal injured, I wouldn't mind seeing this:

...............Slocombe..................
    DKE Rawlinson Lacey Barnett
    ...................Doyle.......................
    .......Reeves.........Rodrigues
    Enzio..........Wooton.........Sam

4-1-2-3. Looks quite attacking to me as DKE and Barnett will go forward.

Alternatively this:

..................Slocombe................

O'Brien.....Reeves ...Doyle...Rodders

...............Wooton......Sam............

Would love to Start Knowles as well, but think Sam deserves a chance now on Tuesday.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post

Alternatively this:

Would love to Start Knowles as well, but think Sam deserves a chance now on Tuesday.

Thoughts?
    I wouldnt; play Sam up front with Wootton personally. I also wouldn't take into account his amazing goal when deciding on his selection or not. he was woeful in the first half and much better in the second. His goal was amazing but he's not going to be doing that again anytime and whilst he meant it 9999 times out of 10000 that would have ended up in Row Z. We were playing Oxford City.... For me Knowles would get the knod ahead of Sam assuming Roberts plays on part in the starting line up

To me it looks like we now have a strike partner for Wooton. He's a big lad too so should offer an option in attack, he has to have a start against Kings Lynn. If Roberts can start and he and Enzio produce their early season trickery, with Wolfe and Knowles on the bench we ought to be at least the equal of any team in this league.

All it takes is for Ardley to have the confidence to allow the players to think for themselves, to express themselves, to be free spirits, absorb the vibes - ooer!

Also, if Ardley was any good he wouldn't be sat on the bench every game would he?

Alternatively this:

Thoughts?
    I like the first one as I would like to see Reeves get more advanced and alternatively he can drop back a bit if required. Doubt JOB will play after playing 2 games but on the whole he played great in them, maybe in his 30s but thought his energy was excellent over both games. Tough choice on Knolwes or Sam, I’m starting to see some something more with Knowles.

It sounds like there is a good chance that the game will go ahead and Kings Lynn will play on beyond their previously declared Feb 27th deadline. Good for Notts and football if this is correct.

https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/lin...-draw-9158358/

. Slocombe
    . Reeves
    Enzio Wolfe Miller
    Knowles Wootton

Defence pretty much picks itself, Wootton and Reeves should be starting but Enzio, Knowles, Wolfe, Doyle, Miller , Rodriguess, Sam, Effiong, JOB all have claims but equally haven't nailed a place as must start players either. Although Doyle is going to start on Tuesday.
    In the end I'd pick a team that has a lot of energy and running in it with some pace and that's probably it.

Eli's best performances have come when he's played on the left-hand side of a three behind Wootton (like against Wealdstone at home, when he was excellent), so I wouldn't play him in a front two. I'd play Knowles alongside Wootton if we opt for 4-4-2; Sam on the left in a 4-2-3-1. Not sure what to do with Effiong.

If we could get consistent 7 out of 10 performances from Eli and Ruben, we'd have a lot more goal threat. The problem is getting them to that level week in, week out (or close to it).

Cal Roberts will be starting games on the bench for a while, by the sound of things, while he continues his rehab. NA doesn't want to push him too soon and then find we're without him for the rest of the season. Anyway, we should be able to cope if we can get Eli, Ruben, Enzio and Miller playing well consistently.

Alternatively this:

Thoughts?
    I like the first line up but for me Knowles starts up top with Wootton, they’re already building a good understanding. I can see Sam getting a start on Tuesday so hopefully Ardley picks a formation that suits him and also that Sam puts in a performance that suggests he can challenge Enzio and Roberts for that final starting spot on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Evesham Pie View Post
    It sounds like there is a good chance that the game will go ahead and Kings Lynn will play on beyond their previously declared Feb 27th deadline. Good for Notts and football if this is correct.

https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/lin...-draw-9158358/
    I hope you're right, but no bookies are taking bets on the game...

We were so much better coping with the high press in the second half when Ardley switched to 4 3 3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast