+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Run In - 9 to go

The Run In - 9 to go

. What looked like turning into a disaster has produced a ' phoenix from the ashes' turnaround from our team. The early part of the season was surrendered- along with most of our fans will- as a hastily thrown together side suffered defeats trying desperately to form into essentially a team. A certain defeat looked likely as bottom of the table Queens went to high flying Raith . Even more so as the team news revealed that a 16 year old would be in goals . The rest is history and an important win was secured with the defence forming an iron ring around the school boy keeper on the night . Things were starting to change . ‐---------------'The results have been remarkable since . To be honest , a fair few have been quite fortunate . Results having been ground out by the slimmest slim of margins but there is a saying about fortune favouring the brave and this Qos side are certainly giving us everything they have. What is making me intrigued now is the fact that important/ big players for us are missing and Queens have still been securing the points . An almost unheard of situation in recent years of there being actual strength on the bench to come in and manfully carry on the good work of the missing lads. Maybe , maybe I'm getting carried away with myself but these guys returning could give us the turbo boost we need entering the final stretch . Hold onto your hats , it's going to be a rollercoaster but one at the right end of the table - I feel - this time . Finally , one can only wonder where Alan Johnsons side would be sitting now if the squad had been together longer and not suffered the painful settling in period.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 28-02-2021 at 07:40 AM.

It’s hard not to get carried away especially with our recent good form. Still plenty twist and turns in this league campaign but I feel we’ve enough quality in our side to make sure we finish outside the bottom 2 places.
    Just look how strong a squad we’ll have once the injured players return.

Next weekends game should be a cracker against the leagues two in form sides.

The turnaround has come through the defence tightening up in that we are not conceding the soft/silly goals we were earlier in the season. Last year we would have lost that game against the Pars because we would have conceded at least a couple. The addition of Breen to the central defence coupled with Ferguson gaining in confidence has certainly strengthened the defence. It will now be interesting as to where the returning players fit into the team as our greatest asset at the moment is the stunning pace of our front players who can terrorise opposition teams but we have strength in reserve now which contrasts starkly with the position Queens were in this time last year when the January window was a disaster.

I reckon one of the key changes was placing Obileye in front of the back four.

Good point Albertz. We maybe lose a little bit in an open attacking sense with Ayo in centre mid but he is an extra defender or attacker at set pieces if you know what I mean ? He is also a big lad who opponents have trouble getting by.

Hope Ayo is high up on AJ's shopping list for next term.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    I reckon one of the key changes was placing Obileye in front of the back four.
    Our good run of form started before Ayo moved slightly forward.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Our good run of form started before Ayo moved slightly forward.
    With the run starting away to Raith I can see your point although the majority of the current run Ayo has been in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    With the run starting away to Raith I can see your point although the majority of the current run Ayo has been in midfield.
    Incorrect. Ayo only started playing there against Hearts 4 games ago.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Incorrect. Ayo only started playing there against Hearts 4 games ago.
    I stand corrected....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)