Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Are Officials losing the plot?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    25,749

    Are Officials losing the plot?



    Referee Lee Mason lost control - Lewis Dunk

    Dunk scored from a quickly taken free-kick in the first half but the goal was eventually ruled out after a bizarre episode at The Hawthorns which only ended after the video assistant referee (VAR) intervened.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56224827

    Was it a goal or not?
    Tbh you shouldn’t let any club take a free kick quick when the keeper is still lining the wall up so no goal from me

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,415
    Iíve just seen Dunk talking about it on MOTD. He was clearly upset and made the great point of heís got to come and speak to journalists about it but where is the ref. He doesnít have to explain himself and wouldnít speak to Dunk at half time.

    It was embarrassing in elite football and doesnít help with the premier leagueís claim that itís the best in the world.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    25,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Iíve just seen Dunk talking about it on MOTD. He was clearly upset and made the great point of heís got to come and speak to journalists about it but where is the ref. He doesnít have to explain himself and wouldnít speak to Dunk at half time.

    It was embarrassing in elite football and doesnít help with the premier leagueís claim that itís the best in the world.
    Iíve always said they should come out and explain but itís like secret services with them

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,726
    Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post


    Referee Lee Mason lost control - Lewis Dunk

    Dunk scored from a quickly taken free-kick in the first half but the goal was eventually ruled out after a bizarre episode at The Hawthorns which only ended after the video assistant referee (VAR) intervened.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56224827

    Was it a goal or not?
    Tbh you shouldn’t let any club take a free kick quick when the keeper is still lining the wall up so no goal from me
    So in your opinion he got it right.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,529
    Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Iíve always said they should come out and explain but itís like secret services with them

    Well I tend to agree ,but in this instance I donít think they will know exactly what to explain cos it was such a mess.!.when they(whoever it was) put out a comment of somesort of explanation before the game had even ended trying to alleviate things tells you what a mess it was.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    17,923
    I was watching the game live and although it was a mess I think they got the right outcome as the GK clearly wasn't ready when the player asked if it was OK to take, the ref said yes and then realised his mistake. NBC pundit (Danny Higginbottom?) was carping on at half time about how the ref. should come out and explain his decision making (as did Dunk after the match) until it was pointed out to him that it's the PL/EFL who make the 'rules' about referee press conferences.

    Couple of great penalty misses by Brighton which if they'd have scored nobody would be talking about the free kick incident.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    25,749
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I was watching the game live and although it was a mess I think they got the right outcome as the GK clearly wasn't ready when the player asked if it was OK to take, the ref said yes and then realised his mistake. NBC pundit (Danny Higginbottom?) was carping on at half time about how the ref. should come out and explain his decision making (as did Dunk after the match) until it was pointed out to him that it's the PL/EFL who make the 'rules' about referee press conferences.

    Couple of great penalty misses by Brighton which if they'd have scored nobody would be talking about the free kick incident.
    Didnít watch game, thought it would be boring but was mentioned on sky news

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    34,666
    Watched the incident several times. Mason does blow to allow a quick free kick as should be allowed but, in milliseconds, he notices the keeper is no where near ready and correctly blows for the kick to be re taken again. The man is human, he made an initial mistake but corrected this before it was too late.

    Believe me when I say, you have to have the eyes of bee, a neck the turning circle of an Owl and the patience of a saint to Ref a match. I did it for 15 years so speak from experience. Credit to Lee Mason for realising his oversight, great officiating!

  9. #9
    Nothing wrong with the officials

    TV is what's wrong, picking on incidents to pad out air time.

    Players diving and cheating is what's wrong

    Using football to further a political agenda is what's wrong

    Not officials

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,415
    From the very boring Man Utd Chelsea game.

    ďThe ref said to Maguire 'if I say it is a pen, then it is going to cause a lot of talk afterwards'"

    Luke Shaw revealed VAR told the referee that Man United SHOULD have had a penalty 😳

    #MUFC #CHEMUN

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •