+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Officials losing the plot?

Are Officials losing the plot?

Referee Lee Mason lost control - Lewis Dunk

Dunk scored from a quickly taken free-kick in the first half but the goal was eventually ruled out after a bizarre episode at The Hawthorns which only ended after the video assistant referee (VAR) intervened.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56224827

Was it a goal or not?
    Tbh you shouldn’t let any club take a free kick quick when the keeper is still lining the wall up so no goal from me

I’ve just seen Dunk talking about it on MOTD. He was clearly upset and made the great point of he’s got to come and speak to journalists about it but where is the ref. He doesn’t have to explain himself and wouldn’t speak to Dunk at half time.

It was embarrassing in elite football and doesn’t help with the premier league’s claim that it’s the best in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I’ve just seen Dunk talking about it on MOTD. He was clearly upset and made the great point of he’s got to come and speak to journalists about it but where is the ref. He doesn’t have to explain himself and wouldn’t speak to Dunk at half time.

It was embarrassing in elite football and doesn’t help with the premier league’s claim that it’s the best in the world.
    I’ve always said they should come out and explain but it’s like secret services with them

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post

Referee Lee Mason lost control - Lewis Dunk

Dunk scored from a quickly taken free-kick in the first half but the goal was eventually ruled out after a bizarre episode at The Hawthorns which only ended after the video assistant referee (VAR) intervened.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56224827

Was it a goal or not?
    Tbh you shouldn’t let any club take a free kick quick when the keeper is still lining the wall up so no goal from me
    So in your opinion he got it right.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I’ve always said they should come out and explain but it’s like secret services with them

Well I tend to agree ,but in this instance I don’t think they will know exactly what to explain cos it was such a mess.!.when they(whoever it was) put out a comment of somesort of explanation before the game had even ended trying to alleviate things tells you what a mess it was.

I was watching the game live and although it was a mess I think they got the right outcome as the GK clearly wasn't ready when the player asked if it was OK to take, the ref said yes and then realised his mistake. NBC pundit (Danny Higginbottom?) was carping on at half time about how the ref. should come out and explain his decision making (as did Dunk after the match) until it was pointed out to him that it's the PL/EFL who make the 'rules' about referee press conferences.

Couple of great penalty misses by Brighton which if they'd have scored nobody would be talking about the free kick incident.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I was watching the game live and although it was a mess I think they got the right outcome as the GK clearly wasn't ready when the player asked if it was OK to take, the ref said yes and then realised his mistake. NBC pundit (Danny Higginbottom?) was carping on at half time about how the ref. should come out and explain his decision making (as did Dunk after the match) until it was pointed out to him that it's the PL/EFL who make the 'rules' about referee press conferences.

Couple of great penalty misses by Brighton which if they'd have scored nobody would be talking about the free kick incident.
    Didn’t watch game, thought it would be boring but was mentioned on sky news

Watched the incident several times. Mason does blow to allow a quick free kick as should be allowed but, in milliseconds, he notices the keeper is no where near ready and correctly blows for the kick to be re taken again. The man is human, he made an initial mistake but corrected this before it was too late.

Believe me when I say, you have to have the eyes of bee, a neck the turning circle of an Owl and the patience of a saint to Ref a match. I did it for 15 years so speak from experience. Credit to Lee Mason for realising his oversight, great officiating!

Nothing wrong with the officials

TV is what's wrong, picking on incidents to pad out air time.

Players diving and cheating is what's wrong

Using football to further a political agenda is what's wrong

Not officials

From the very boring Man Utd Chelsea game.

“The ref said to Maguire 'if I say it is a pen, then it is going to cause a lot of talk afterwards'"

Luke Shaw revealed VAR told the referee that Man United SHOULD have had a penalty 😳

#MUFC #CHEMUN

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast