+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Mochrie

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Of course, and I'm not suggesting he isn't gonna be good enough, but there is a big clamour for him to be given a shot in our first team which is maybe wide of the mark if he can't even make Montrose' first eleven.
    Yeah some supporters get a bit carried away when a young lad out on loan plays a couple of good games in lower divisions and think he is ready to become a regular in first team in top league like glass with cove last season as well these young guys need brought on correctly and not rushed into first team that is the managers job to judge when they are ready.

Of course, and I'm not suggesting he isn't gonna be good enough, but there is a big clamour for him to be given a shot in our first team which is maybe wide of the mark if he can't even make Montrose' first eleven.
    Totally agree. From what I've seen of Mochrie he has bags of potential. But if he goes on Loan again next season I see no issues with it. If we get 100 first team matches out of our academy players before they move on (to better things you'd hope) then it doesnt matter how many loan spells they have. Goodie and Russell has a couple each if I remember right? Russell was 20 before he starting playing regularly for our first team. Patience is the key. We have 17 year olds that people are desperate to see given game time just because our current first team isnt the most exciting to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Well, how many of us thought Appere was on the way out when we was loaned to Broughty Athletic? You never can tell...
    Absolutely. And at no point have I suggested Mochrie is on his way out or isn't going to make it. I'm probably more excited about him than any of our other youngsters. The point is if he's struggling to get in the Montrose team right now then he most likely isn't ready for our first team.

Absolutely. And at no point have I suggested Mochrie is on his way out or isn't going to make it. I'm probably more excited about him than any of our other youngsters. The point is if he's struggling to get in the Montrose team right now then he most likely isn't ready for our first team.
    I like chalmers and appere too - freeman, neilson and smith in defence its hard to tell as thats a tough place to start your career in. Im def guilty of getting excited and coming up with the wrong answers to the right problems as a few on here are too. I suppose its tough to swallow having watched a lot of football on dutv this season which has equalled getting hyper pissed and critical at the dross. Hence why im no a football manager eh

oh an fully agree on mochrie - appere played and scored loads came back with confidence

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    I like chalmers and appere too - freeman, neilson and smith in defence its hard to tell as thats a tough place to start your career in. Im def guilty of getting excited and coming up with the wrong answers to the right problems as a few on here are too. I suppose its tough to swallow having watched a lot of football on dutv this season which has equalled getting hyper pissed and critical at the dross. Hence why im no a football manager eh

oh an fully agree on mochrie - appere played and scored loads came back with confidence
    Nothing wrong with getting excited about young talent coming through. Its more exciting than being linked with 30 year old journeymen who haven't done anything for 5 years.

Give youth a chance! (should be the new United motto)

There is also an element in uš Supporters when a player is out the team like Chalmers/apperre they instantly become better players. Earlier on in the Season apperre was struggling when in team and Getting stick, he Had a couple decent performance away to aberdeen/rangers, but these guys are still unproven at this level, hence the need to take oportunity to see them next couple of games.

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Nothing wrong with getting excited about young talent coming through. Its more exciting than being linked with 30 year old journeymen who haven't done anything for 5 years.

Thats very true! But realistic. We have a crop coming through. Be nice to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    There is also an element in uš Supporters when a player is out the team like Chalmers/apperre they instantly become better players. Earlier on in the Season apperre was struggling when in team and Getting stick, he Had a couple decent performance away to aberdeen/rangers, but these guys are still unproven at this level, hence the need to take oportunity to see them next couple of games.
    He was played out of position though. Kind of a consequence of having 3 number 9s in the squad all playing out of position too

I'd love to see Appere given a chance wide left where he was played under Neilson. He was superb cutting in off the wing and driving at defenders. Then Neilson decided he was tired and didn't play him again.

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Thoroughly agree. The McLean-era United side was all about giving youth not just a "chance" but giving them responsibility and expecting them to take it, live up to it, and make things happen.
    I reckon this is the best crop of youngsters we've seen for a while.
    Don't sign Carlos Kickaball from Paraguay, or Trevor Manyclubs from Mansfield, put the kids in the team. Might not be brilliant next season, or even the one after that . . . but it'll pay off eventually.
    United's record of bringing through young players is something to be very proud of.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)