+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mochrie

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    I think there is harm. If he dosnt feel rated by Mellon, who could blame him, then when his contract is up in the summer he will leave if an offer comes in from say a hearts.
    Why wouldnt he feel rated? He is 17. If he expect to be playing every week then he isnt as sensible a lad as he seems. He needs to go out and get regular game time, and he'll be all the better for it.

I get baffled by the "Get Mochrie in the team" obsession. I think theres a potentially excellent player in there. But he is 17. He will benefit much more being out at Montrose than sitting on the bench or in the stands for us. He has shown good signs in league 1. But I trust Mellon and the rest of the staff's judgement on whether he's ready for the Premiership. We need to have patience with the kid. His time will come.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Why wouldnt he feel rated? He is 17. If he expect to be playing every week then he isnt as sensible a lad as he seems. He needs to go out and get regular game time, and he'll be all the better for it.

I get baffled by the "Get Mochrie in the team" obsession. I think theres a potentially excellent player in there. But he is 17. He will benefit much more being out at Montrose than sitting on the bench or in the stands for us. He has shown good signs in league 1. But I trust Mellon and the rest of the staff's judgement on whether he's ready for the Premiership. We need to have patience with the kid. His time will come.
    I totally agree with this, he just needs to look at Louis Appere for an example of how this can help his career.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post

Probably Because Mellon hasnt given him any minutes in the league and about 5 in the bedfred, why would you feel rated ?

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    Probably Because Mellon hasnt given him any minutes in the league and about 5 in the bedfred, why would you feel rated ?
    I don't think that it follows that because the club has asked him to go on loan again means Mellon doesn't rate him.
    It's not one thing or the other by default.
    The likely situation is that Mochries mentors at the club will have sat down with him to review his progress and will have said we rate you highly and you have a big future with us but we think playing regularly and developing is the best option for you right now. He may have been told he's getting promoted to the first team squad in the summer if his performances remain outstanding.

Whether we as fans agree with that decision doesn't matter, especially if it's likely that Mochrie himself agrees with the advice he's getting.

I think we have to put a bit of trust in the coaching staff. If the lad had come into earlier games and struggled (not saying he would have) and we were losing games and falling into a relegation battle the wisdom of introducing him so early would have been questioned.

I also remember posting on here that Houston was far too slow to blood Stuart Armstrong but look what happened when he finally did, we got a player fully ready.

Of course we have to put our faith in the management to be doing the right thing with Mochrie. That is hard though, when you see players like Clark, Harkes, Bolton, McNulty etc constantly getting game time and constantly being utter horsesh*t. Mochrie looks to be an absolute standout at Montrose, so to not even give him a minute of game time while he was back at the club is really frustrating. Would a couple of games hampered his development? Of course it wouldn't. It would have given him a taste of what's to come if he keeps progressing.

Can't believe the guys career is over already at 17

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Can't believe the guys career is over already at 17
    😁 at least it's gonna give us something to argue about for 2 weeks 🧡

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Of course we have to put our faith in the management to be doing the right thing with Mochrie. That is hard though, when you see players like Clark, Harkes, Bolton, McNulty etc constantly getting game time and constantly being utter horsesh*t. Mochrie looks to be an absolute standout at Montrose, so to not even give him a minute of game time while he was back at the club is really frustrating. Would a couple of games hampered his development? Of course it wouldn't. It would have given him a taste of what's to come if he keeps progressing.
    It's very hard to disagree with that viewpoint about current midfielders

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    It's very hard to disagree with that viewpoint about current midfielders
    Clark isn't a midfielder. Bolton isn't a midfielder. McNumpty isn't a midfielder, and unfortunately, neither is Harkes...

But, hey ho.... "we go again"

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    agreed he has been a standout at Montrose i've seen the youtube highlights. A flair player that can dribble past 3/4 defenders and has an end product, when was the last time we had that ?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)