+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Mochrie

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Clark isn't a midfielder. Bolton isn't a midfielder. McNumpty isn't a midfielder, and unfortunately, neither is Harkes...

But, hey ho.... "we go again"
    Fuchs Appere Shankland Mochrie and Chalmers would be a handful for any opposition. Will we ever get to see it though.

We need a clear out but imagine Micky knows that.

I've only seen Magic Mochrie on videos and he looks a very exciting prospect but has anyone one on here seen him in the flesh? Hopefully as good.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I've only seen Magic Mochrie on videos and he looks a very exciting prospect but has anyone one on here seen him in the flesh? Hopefully as good.
    boy gets better every week he doesn't play

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Of all the youngsters to to get game time under Neilson, Mochrie was the one who excited me the most. I was very surprised he was punted on loan. I thought this season would've been his big breakthrough.

Can't say he ever stood out to me when getting little cameos under Neilson. Got to nurture these guys, think step up from few subby appearances in championship when Utd are on top most matches, to top flight when we are as much on back foot, probably makes sense for him to have a season toughing up and getting minutes at Montrose, unless he is unbelievably good now and ready make an impact. Hopefully he will be able to contribute next season, god knows we need a creative/attacking midfielder.

Best game I saw Glass play was last season away to Partick Thistle, and then he barely featured under Neilson, though think he got injured at some point.

Appere has shown up a bit better in recent weeks, though had a bit of a mare v Killie, I would say jury still out on him and Chalmers at this level, they have shown flashes, but need to show they can do it consistently, and chip in with goals.

Think that is a really good point. We have a number of players with the potential of stepping up and could in the longterm be develop into important players for us. That development is so crucial to get right though. Neilson, Mochrie, Glass, Chalmers, Appere, the ones we know most about. Lots of others waiting in the wings too.... Freeman, Hutchison, Kerr Smith, Meekison, Fotheringham, Watson, Newman + others I have undoubtedly forgotten.

Not all will make the leap but it is fantastic to have hopes for so many again. Some will hopefully be a big part of squads in the future. We can't rush them though. Pressure to perform is hard enough but whilst in a team battling to establish themselves in the Premier League again, it is a lot to take on. Need to be given the chance to make mistakes whilst they play.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    Think that is a really good point. We have a number of players with the potential of stepping up and could in the longterm be develop into important players for us. That development is so crucial to get right though. Neilson, Mochrie, Glass, Chalmers, Appere, the ones we know most about. Lots of others waiting in the wings too.... Freeman, Hutchison, Kerr Smith, Meekison, Fotheringham, Watson, Newman + others I have undoubtedly forgotten.

Not all will make the leap but it is fantastic to have hopes for so many again. Some will hopefully be a big part of squads in the future. We can't rush them though. Pressure to perform is hard enough but whilst in a team battling to establish themselves in the Premier League again, it is a lot to take on. Need to be given the chance to make mistakes whilst they play.
    Mochrie is a young guy doing great in first division with montrose and hopefully will progress to first team but there is a big jump to premier football glass was doing it with cove and some were raving about him but he never just walked into the first team and took premier by storm.Manager has to be careful with young players If he brings one in while we are struggling to stay in premier and things go wrong know how long it takes some of our support to turn on players could mess up young guys whole career.
    Last edited by AraBrian; 09-03-2021 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    Mochrie is a young guy doing great in first division with montrose and hopefully will progress to first team but there is a big jump to premier football glass was doing it with cove and some were raving about him but he never just walked into the first team and took premier by storm.Manager has to be careful with young players If he brings one in while we are struggling to stay in premier and things go wrong know how long it takes some of our support to turn on players could mess up young guys whole career.
    Glass went some way to proving he was nowhere near ready for the Premiership with his performances against Hibs. He looked like a lost boy & far too lightweight for that level.
    Last edited by tHeArAb; 09-03-2021 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Glass went some way to proving he was nowhere near ready for the Premiership with his performances against Hibs. He looked like a lost boy & far too lightweight for that level.
    Too slow, and after what is a pretty serious injury he's only going to be slower unfortunately

Guys like Mochrie need to be coming in to a good, well established side in order to get the best chance IMHO. In contrast to the likes of Gauld, Armstrong, Goodie, Russell etc who were ‘nurtured’ in by guys like Gomes, Buaben, Daly, Rankin etc, I feel sorry for the likes of Ali Coote, Scott Allardice, Cammy Ballantyne and of course, Scott Fraser who were chucked in to play alongside some total clowns and frankly never stood a chance. Jamie Robson was heading that way beside Edjengele and Durnan too before Reynolds came in and helped him out a bit. Hopefully as things progress over the next few months, the likes of Mochrie will benefit hugely from breaking in beside players like Fuchs, Butcher and hopefully Shankland so that he actually stands a chance without being hung out to dry. Players like him, Neilson, Glass, Kerr Smith, Chalmers, Freeman etc are making me feel really positive over where we’re heading but they need just a wee bit of time.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)