+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mochrie

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    Dillo singing his praises in yesterdays papers

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor...se-league-one/

I've not seen Mochrie play in the flesh but looking at P&B last couple of posts from Montrose Supporter who assuming have.

"If Mochrie continues where he left off and is coached well, which he is at present, he will gain international honours before he is age 20. Many years ago I saw Peter Beardsley make his English League debut and said straightaway that he would make it and the same occurs to me as I watch Chris Mochrie only he'll play for Scotland.

The worst thing (apart from him imploding all by himself) would be for him to be stuck at a club and sit on a subs bench week after week. "

"Mochrie just needs not to get injured like Michael Owen and he’ll be set for big things. I see, unfortunately, the old firm making a sweep for him soon."

What I find curious is Mellon has given game time to Kai Fotherinham, Kerr Smith and Darren Watson this season but not to Mochrie despite games like 5-1 St Mirren and 3-0 Livi when it wouldn't have effected the result.

Only thing i can think of is his contract is up in the summer and he's refused to sign a new one ?
    is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    is that right?
    Sure he was demanding a transfer not so long ago. If he thinks he is something, get on and prove it, but we have seen it all before and it seems they end up in Ireland now!

I don't recall Mochrie ever demanding a transfer.

He's contracted till June 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I don't recall Mochrie ever demanding a transfer.

He's contracted till June 2022.
    Ah ok, cant be that then, so whats the issue here?

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    Ah ok, cant be that then, so whats the issue here?
    We'd all like to know the answer to that.

There is no issue

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    There is no issue
    I think you are right Bud think manager is just bringing him on at his own speed guess he does not think he is ready to be thrown in a top league level just yet. Remember being told by a forfar supporter that hilson was the dogs *******s and would be a scotland great when we first loaned him to them.Been many other young guys throughout football who have maybe been rushed through their development when they are not ready and never reached their full potentual.Think best just to leave the manager to manage the players.

Yup. His talent is clear but there is a lot more to it sometimes. He will get his chance. Everyone just needs to relax regarding Mochrie for me. When he does get a chance I already get the feeling the expectations will be very high which maybe isn't too fair on the kid. Wouldn't be surprised seeing him going out on loan again next season, maybe to the Championship.

Scott banks maybe a decent comparison, probably ahead of Mochrie in development and couple years older. Palace happy for him to develop in Scottish championship, and no Scottish Premiership teams thought he was ready/worth taking on loan at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Scott banks maybe a decent comparison, probably ahead of Mochrie in development and couple years older. Palace happy for him to develop in Scottish championship, and no Scottish Premiership teams thought he was ready/worth taking on loan at this stage.
    Better player than bolton. Tell you that

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)