+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mochrie

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Finan View Post
    Thoroughly agree. The McLean-era United side was all about giving youth not just a "chance" but giving them responsibility and expecting them to take it, live up to it, and make things happen.
    I reckon this is the best crop of youngsters we've seen for a while.
    Don't sign Carlos Kickaball from Paraguay, or Trevor Manyclubs from Mansfield, put the kids in the team. Might not be brilliant next season, or even the one after that . . . but it'll pay off eventually.
    United's record of bringing through young players is something to be very proud of.
    I still think this is why they've resigned players like Connolly, Clark, Pawlett etc. They might not be spectacular, but they'll do enough to see you through a season being in and out of the team. Sign maybe 3 new boys in the summer (depending on departures) that actively improve the starting 11 and then focus on blooding the youngsters. It's clearly what the club WANTS to do. Not always as easy said than done, but they'll definitely give it a go.

Thoroughly agree. The McLean-era United side was all about giving youth not just a "chance" but giving them responsibility and expecting them to take it, live up to it, and make things happen.
    Don't sign Carlos Kickaball from Paraguay, or Trevor Manyclubs from Mansfield, put the kids in the team. Might not be brilliant next season, or even the one after that . . . but it'll pay off eventually.
    United's record of bringing through young players is something to be very proud of.
    100%

I'd rather play an 18 year who might be **** instead of a 28 year old who we know is ****

ITK boy on East posted that Celtic's chief scout was at the Morton v Montrose game to look at Mochrie.

With a view to building a squad for the colts in the Lowland League i would guess ?

Or maybe watching Sean dillon?

if the infirm start plucking youngsters from other clubs to play for their colts thats another step toward it getting even more ****e. Maybe as a loan signing i dunno?

Carlos Kickball and Trevor Manyclubs ......brilliant. True though.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Carlos Kickball and Trevor Manyclubs ......brilliant. True though.
    a classic by Steve i agree - Mike Bassett manager and benson and hedges in defence too...?

"Don't sign Carlos Kickaball from Paraguay"

wee jim signed Walter Cannakickaball

Saw this on Twitter, is this the creative midfielder we have been crying out for ?

https://twitter.com/DufcShankland/st...663267328?s=20

I hope he gets a start in one of the next two games

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)