+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Mochrie

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    I think that was more to do with them playing every 2 days after the restart
    I'd possibly agree if he hadn't started 3 of the first 4 games. To then only start another 2 and be on the bench for the last 6 is some rest for the laddie considering he should've been the fittest in that team. He started every playoff match on the bench also. Surely you want your best players playing the big games?
    Last edited by tHeArAb; 15-08-2021 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I'd possibly agree if he hadn't started 3 of the first 4 games. To then only start another 2 and be on the bench for the last 6 is some rest for the laddie considering he should've been the fittest in that team. He started every playoff match on the bench also. Surely you want your best players playing the big games?
    and yet Dillo thinks he will play in the EPL

Spot on

Show you are good enough and deserve a place, if you aren't standing out in training or while at Montrose then you can't be greetin about starting

Allan looked class right away to be fair, a different level altogether to Mochrie and he was managing to find a way into team when we had prime versions of the likes of Flood, S.Robertson, Rankin, GMS etc

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Spot on

Show you are good enough and deserve a place, if you aren't standing out in training or while at Montrose then you can't be greetin about starting

Allan looked class right away to be fair, a different level altogether to Mochrie and he was managing to find a way into team when we had prime versions of the likes of Flood, S.Robertson, Rankin, GMS etc
    Fair point but then again Chalmers went to Arbroath never kicked a ball now prob our best attacker ? So its never that black and white

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    Fair point but then again Chalmers went to Arbroath never kicked a ball now prob our best attacker ? So its never that black and white

Chalmers seems to have been on the scene for longer, I remember seeing him against Linfield in the Challenge Cup about 4 years ago... has had to bide his time, injuries haven't helped

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Chalmers seems to have been on the scene for longer, I remember seeing him against Linfield in the Challenge Cup about 4 years ago... has had to bide his time, injuries haven't helped
    Injuries certainly haven’t helped - does anyone know if his latest setback is a recurrence of the injury that kept him out for most of last season or is it a knew problem?

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    Injuries certainly haven’t helped - does anyone know if his latest setback is a recurrence of the injury that kept him out for most of last season or is it a knew problem?
    His previous injury was an ankle injury. He went off holding his calf 2 weeks ago so I don't think so.

His previous injury was an ankle injury. He went off holding his calf 2 weeks ago so I don't think so.
    Cool - thanks for the info. Not sure which is better to be honest…

Frustrating knowing that we have this creative attacking talent but just can’t get it on the field for any sustained spell of games.

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    Cool - thanks for the info. Not sure which is better to be honest…

Frustrating knowing that we have this creative attacking talent but just can’t get it on the field for any sustained spell of games.
    worrying at that age and if its the same leg that all could be related ankle and calf. Wonder if he ever broke his ankle or leg before or if simply its a sign he may not manage to make it because of some underlying issue. Hopefully not but hope they have the right physios looking at him - so many pro footballers have had say pain in hamstrings or ankle and it turns out they have tight hips or high insteps. Sometimes its something as simple as that.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)