+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is the chairman bullet proof .

Know what you are saying about warne getting the flak and not ts. The thing is maybe neither deserve the flak. They are probably both doing their best for the club.

The players need to do their bit as well. I know a lot are knackered buf the passing and shooting was atrocious on saturday. Its basic stuff. 1 shot ouf of 17 on target even i would get more in than that. The giving away of the ball in good positions is unforgivable as is not clearing the first man at a corner. You have all the time in the world to lift the ball over the first defender at a corner. Its just pisss poor not to. The giving the way if the ball as wiles did when.he was breaking forward when he put the ball behind flojo was so poor i know wiles is probably burnt out in his defence. We are going to ruin tjis lads talent if we arent careful. The only yrouble is we are that short of midfielders we have no choice but to keep playing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Very random to ask an open question then use the same “happy clapper” nonsense on anyone that has the opposite view to yours.

Did you want some attention hun?
    what are you offering? I’ve no problem if you bat for the other side but it’s really not my thing . I prefer the female form .

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    All chairmen have received no revenue for twelve months but the likes of Coventry.Wycombe,Birmingham and Huddersfield have supported their managers in the last transfer window.Warne had to offload five players before bringing in two ON LOAN.The chairman made a promise to Warney to back him.PW publicly said he wanted to bring in a striker.

Yes that's true Bill but I would imagine the owners of Brum, Hudds and Cov are wealthier than TS and can therefore provide a much bigger budget.
    It would be very easy for TS to lose what money he has on our hobby and put his other businesses in jeopardy. I don't think it's fair for us to expect him to do that.

Tone has learnt his lessons by not offering daft contracts again to players like Greg Halford and Dexter Black stock. Learning the lessons from before doesn't mean doing the same again because paying players £10-15K a week doesn't guarantee anything.

Wonder if we can get an emergency loan for a CB

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Wonder if we can get an emergency loan for a CB
    Only allowed for GK I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Only allowed for GK I believe.
    Sh!t

Just get Vickers training for CB then tie his arms down so he doesn’t handball

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    And here's hidden camera footage of the latest training session

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Seems a lot of members on here are having a pop at our manager but not the chairman. He said we have learnt our lesson from the last time in the championship. He didn’t back the manager then and he hasn’t now . He seems to think we can survive in the championship on a shoestring. Yes this season with covid is difficult but I don’t believe without the virus it would have been any different . I’d like him to be honest with his aims for the millers.
    There are a couple of unanswered questions and they'll remain that.
    What's going to happen when the stadium is paid for? Is that mortgage payment going into the club and be available for the playing budget?
    Why do they report that he's spent 35m of his own money when there's no way he's done that but he takes credit for it.

As he's put the club in a sound financial footing and stopped the yoyo of administration and swapped it for the yoyo of league 1 and the championship then I'm ok with that.

The first thing he did after taking charge was sort out the youth set up which is now providing us with players.

Certainly we'd all like big names signings but it's not going to happen.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234