+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the chairman bullet proof .

Is the chairman bullet proof .

Seems a lot of members on here are having a pop at our manager but not the chairman. He said we have learnt our lesson from the last time in the championship. He didn’t back the manager then and he hasn’t now . He seems to think we can survive in the championship on a shoestring. Yes this season with covid is difficult but I don’t believe without the virus it would have been any different . I’d like him to be honest with his aims for the millers.

One thing football fans excel at is spending someone else’s money.

I think his aim for the club has been obvious from the start, and that's to make it financially sound. Everything else is secondary to that

Plus we must remember that TS could at any time (maybe for health reasons) think "I've had enough of this"

Then it's much more of a lottery what happens at NYS

Which is why he likes PW and will stick with him because it brings some stability to the club

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    One thing football fans excel at is spending someone else’s money.
    . You are clearly a tony Stewart disciple. I haven’t said spend millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    . You are clearly a tony Stewart disciple. I haven’t said spend millions.
    If by disciple you mean I’m grateful and admire what he’s done then you’re right.

I never mentioned millions so I’m unsure where you got that and I wasn’t referring to you personally. It is a generalisation of fans from the premier league to non league.

TS isn’t taking a massive profit out of the club and keeping it for himself. He is ensuring the club is run properly and within its means.

The lessons of Sunderland, Ipswich, Bradford,Wednesday, derby et al are plain to see and they are financial giants compared to us.

Even Bournemouth’s billionaires have tightened their purse strings.

How do you know he's not backed the manager I've not heard anyone come out and said theres no funds available for signings. All I know is since Warne has come in we have spend numerous transfer fees for players, some bad ones that are constantly injured and some good ones that have put the value up.

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    How do you know he's not backed the manager I've not heard anyone come out and said theres no funds available for signings. All I know is since Warne has come in we have spend numerous transfer fees for players, some bad ones that are constantly injured and some good ones that have put the value up.
    another worshipper . Maybe you lot should start your own religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    another worshipper . Maybe you lot should start your own religion.
    Maybe after 5 defeats we are losing our religion

Pandemic and keeping to a budget is best for the club atm

Who’s to say he isn’t doing his best, maybe it’s down to management that didn’t want to overspend on certain players

It’s no good fetching Ronaldo in if the tactics are wrong is it

Anyway do you think the players aren’t good enough what we have for now? We know they can play but with injuries we can’t rest them

Imo we would be aiming for mid table by now if we had the full squad
    Last edited by millertop; 28-02-2021 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    for myself there’s a reason we do well in league one ,we have a competitive budget but not for the championship. Just want our chairman to be honest with his aims for the club and not come out with bull**** like we’ve learnt our lesson from the last time in the championship.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast