+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are we really surprised at where we are now ......

Are we really surprised at where we are now ......

........ because I’m NOT.
    You could see, even last season when we struggled, that this was a talented squad - the only problem with the squad was that it wasn’t a full squad.
    The direction of the team in its style of play could clearly be seen - but certain positions were missing eg target man.
    Once the squad had all its pieces put into place then a team would emerge that would be very difficult to beat.
    And I’ve been saying that for months.
    Our season only got properly started in January when the full squad came together.

So questions are likely to be asked at the end of the season - on the lines of - ‘if only we had got this squad at the beginning of the season’.

Surprised is an understatement for me personally .

Lower mid table was about as much as I thought we were capable of achieving , I would have been delighted with 55 - 60 points .

The players and HC deserve great credit and the club have found the money in these difficult times to back the HC in the January window , so fair play to them too .

Where this finally takes us who knows , I suspect we may run out of gas and fall short but then again this group continue to surprise us all so what do I know .

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    ........ because I’m NOT.
    You could see, even last season when we struggled, that this was a talented squad - the only problem with the squad was that it wasn’t a full squad.
    The direction of the team in its style of play could clearly be seen - but certain positions were missing eg target man.
    Once the squad had all its pieces put into place then a team would emerge that would be very difficult to beat.
    And I’ve been saying that for months.
    Our season only got properly started in January when the full squad came together.

So questions are likely to be asked at the end of the season - on the lines of - ‘if only we had got this squad at the beginning of the season’.
    No chance i knew after first 4 game's we wa **** hot

Absolutely shocked and stunned personally! Can’t give them enough credit for what they have done.
    Still think on the ownership side that there is a massive problem coming that will effect everything? But I’m loving where we are now!

surprised yes i had us pegged for the bottom 6, if its promotion we are after we better make sure we do it because this team will be culled at the end of the season for profit.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    surprised yes i had us pegged for the bottom 6, if its promotion we are after we better make sure we do it because this team will be culled at the end of the season for profit.
    I agree with that.We will not get a better chance to go up.Due to this seasons succsess,players & staff are getting noticed & we will have little chance of keeping this squad together.Selling players on to survive is the Barnsley way i`m afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by conditionred View Post
    I agree with that.We will not get a better chance to go up.Due to this seasons succsess,players & staff are getting noticed & we will have little chance of keeping this squad together.Selling players on to survive is the Barnsley way i`m afraid.
    ...... not have a better chance of going up
    ....... NO ...... that’s wrong.
    If we stay in this division we will be stronger next season.
    I’ve heard or read something from the club that said the plan was to consolidate this season and progress next season.
    So our current position is further forward than what the directors expected.
    Mark my words - better next season.

...... not have a better chance of going up
    ....... NO ...... that’s wrong.
    If we stay in this division we will be stronger next season.
    I’ve heard or read something from the club that said the plan was to consolidate this season and progress next season.
    So our current position is further forward than what the directors expected.
    Mark my words - better next season.
    Nudge nowt wrong with your optimism but in my opinion to keep every player here for next season then we will probably have to get promoted to the PL .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Nudge nowt wrong with your optimism but in my opinion to keep every player here for next season then we will probably have to get promoted to the PL .
    That won’t stop anyone leaving if the money is right.
    But it doesn’t matter who leaves.
    As long as the replacement is as good or better.

That won’t stop anyone leaving if the money is right.
    But it doesn’t matter who leaves.
    As long as the replacement is as good or better.
    Well the money won't come in to it given we'd receive nearly £100m Nudge .

As for the players own personal ambitions this is perhaps the only club they'd have the opportunity to play regular PL football every week .

Absolutely none of our players would seek to leave this club having achieved PL football .

Mowatt wouldn't be able to sign a new contract quick enough .

It's the only PL start he'll ever get in my opinion .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast