+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are we really surprised at where we are now ......

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    17 matches left ��
    Wi 17 wins and 51 goals scored?

A tha related to Bill or Nudger?

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Wi 17 wins and 51 goals scored?

A tha related to Bill or Nudger?
    Not quite that many goals but i do think woodrows gonna get close to 20 goals starting with another on wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    8 wins from 14 games should see us home and dry or 1.7 points per game .

I have a figure of 75 points to make the top 6 .

Still a big ask is this mind as I suspect we may have peaked too soon , there's bound to be a wobble to come .

The key thing for me is when we eventually lose a game can we bounce straight back and win the next one ? .

That's a hurdle to jump over that will give me more belief .
    Since val took over including cup games and drawing 2 on trot weve done it everytime barring just the once after losing to swansea we then lost watford.you feel better motherfxxxer. I believe i can fly, do you believe in life after lv.i dont want you to get to optimistic animal cos it can soon turn to pain as we all no but we av been bouncing back.

I’m not a fan of a shot at “one season wonder” I think that the current owners would take us to the Premier and then cash in and sell taking the Parachute money, and sell the club on. This would damage the club perhaps irreparably.
    I’m Looking locally down the road The fantasy of getting in the Premier League has bitten Huddersfield on the backside. Their owner was a fan of the club and bankrolled them big style into the Premier League. After a season he had health issues and sold the club. The buyer (Known Locally as “Potless Phil” ) is allegedly paying the previous owner the money the club owe him from their Parachute payments.

Old owner gets his money, leaves the club with nowt, has his moments of fame and then gets his money back.

They are now in serious mire with no money to spend. I would love us to get there at some point so a generation of fans can see what we’ve seen, but I’d sooner the club is sustainable and not left like Huddersfield Town, Bradford, Wigan, Blackpool, Birmingham, Sunderland Ipswich, Hull.
    We aren’t strong enough yet.

I'm not sure about this Jules but i seem to remember them saying that they were stopping parachute payments because of the money lost during COVID?

Points attained in the championship to clinch 5th or 6th spot for the last 3 seasons .

2019/20

5th : Cardiff City 73
    6th : Swansea City 70

2018/19

5th : Aston Villa 76
    6th : Derby County 74

2017/18

5th : Middlesbrough 76
    6th : Derby County 75

75 points this season in my opinion would almost guarantee 5th or 6th spot .

Val now has 47 points from 25 league games in charge. That equates to 1.88 points per game on average.

If we were to keep up that average we'd obtain another 26 points which would see us in the play offs quite comfortably.

The playoffs would be a dream from were we started the season, but if we do come up short
    Just think of the type of player that we would could attract to the club and the players that could stay on.

Let’s have it right.....who wants to come to a club that is consistently scrambling about the bottom end of the league....but who would sign for a club that is club challenging for the top side of the league. A better Calibre of player that’s who.

were beginning to sound like sheff wed soon you be talking europe in 3 years.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123