Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
It’s difficult to understand the negativity.
We need to get promoted .... ASAP !!!
Even if we are relegated the season after - the positives from it includes.
1) £££Millions more investment into the local economy.
2) £100 Million dropped into the cash register at the club.
3) The fan base strengthened.

And if we were relegated - which I don’t think for one minute we would be - then just one season in the Premier will provide a base to build an even stronger Championship team that would eventually get back into the Premier.

I think our fans have got into such a deep rut caused by the Patrick era (15 long years) that they are finding it difficult now to look at the club positively.
Our fans at some point have just got to get used to Barnsley being a potential Premier club.
Agree with that. The financial windfall that getting to the Premier would bring would set this club up.

My take on it is that should we go up then add to the squad accordingly but nowt stupid. Be sensible with the finances, tek thi medicine that 1st season and come back stronger should we be relegated.

Promotion this season would catapult this club from being on the periphery of the championship also rans to reight in theear in a position similar to what Brentford find themselves in.

If we dunt gu up this season it could tek 6 or 7 years to find ourselves in a challenging position like Brentford are. Huge difference.