+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: St Johnstone

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    Most successful club in Tayside in the last 25 years.
    Not sure why you quoted me here?? I really couldn't care less about them. Like TTT, I don't see them as a local rival in the slightest. Sh!te club, fan base & stadium. They're just another Livi or Hamilton to me.

Yep lost opportunity with that squad of players in those 4 years against an average Celtic team ,Rangers starting again , phuck even the Sheep won a trophy. Chased after the money instead of success .
    correct duke, boils my piss mate

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Not sure why you quoted me here?? I really couldn't care less about them. Like TTT, I don't see them as a local rival in the slightest. Sh!te club, fan base & stadium. They're just another Livi or Hamilton to me.
    No sure either to be fair. Lol

No sure either to be fair. Lol
    😂

They have kept continuity, made smart signings and managerial appts, about 5-7 players or so that have spent years with them who are proper St Johnstone guys now

Like Aberdeen they have also benefitted from Rangers, Hearts, Hibs and us all self imploding over the last decade, we had a very successful decade before our implosion, got to finals and won the Big cup and always top 4 area and that was with all the other big sides being around but compared to clubs like the fun who have done nothing for decades StJ have done amazing

Not that they will care but they did get a very kind draw to win the thing tbh, we were in that group but lost to Peterhead at home ffs, although we are at a different stage of our project really only first year back and still building (still may finish above them first year back too) but we need to learn from the Levein/Houston era and keep a core of players for years on end and think long term

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    sad but true, we can blame ****namara and the snake for that
    We lost that final before a ball was kicked. St Johnstone were certain they were going to win as Wright had McNamara's number. They were supremely confident. The talent we had in that team counted for nothing when Tommy Wright knew exactly how to play against McNamara's team and nullify our threat.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    We lost that final before a ball was kicked. St Johnstone were certain they were going to win as Wright had McNamara's number. They were supremely confident. The talent we had in that team counted for nothing when Tommy Wright knew exactly how to play against McNamara's team and nullify our threat.
    Our goalie making an error at their 1st goal didn't help either but yeah they were organised and we just didn't turn up on the day. I'd blame the latter for our defeat and the fact that Ryan Dow was our best player only highlights that the rest of the so called superstars just didn't show up.

Yep lost opportunity with that squad of players in those 4 years against an average Celtic team ,Rangers starting again , phuck even the Sheep won a trophy. Chased after the money instead of success .
    Think you mean paid off the debt Motherwell Junior's Oldman left you in...but hey don't let the facts get in the way👍

Trying not to see the irony of a Dee bringing up the fact a chairman of a club in the city attempted to pay off club debts 😉

Back to the Saintees.

Tommy definitely had Jackie's number. But they also got the breaks on the day, sometimes you need that.

Dow hitting the inside of the post then the ball missing hitting the keeper as it comes back across the face of the goal at 0-0.

Czerniak going walk about for no reason just before half time to make it 1-0. We go in at half time shell shocked they go in with tails up.

Shifty hitting the bar and the keeper landing on the ball when he literally knew nothing about it.

Them getting not one but two breaks of the ball off United players for their second.

As gutted as I was on the day, I also understood what it must have meant for those saints fans that had followed them for years and had now been witness to something they previously could have only idreamed of.

For us Arabs think 79, 83 and 84.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)