+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: St Johnstone

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Think you mean paid off the debt Motherwell Junior's Oldman left you in...but hey don't let the facts get in the way��
    Just when you think you’ve seen it all, along comes a Funster to deliver a lecture on accounting.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Just when you think you’ve seen it all, along comes a Funster to deliver a lecture on accounting.
    No lecture just a fact

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    F*ck them & f*ck their sh!tey fans. Half of them were on their buses and away home before us in 2014.
    I wanted Livi to win as i don't really have much time for ST Johnstone.Their wee band of fans that sit nearest us in Perth annoy me and they normally live off the away support money and give up three stands if necessary to accommodate them.
    They are even in Scottish terms a tiny wee ****ey club who for years have punched well above their weight and its embarrassing the amount of games we have lost against them.

About 4-6 weeks before we played St John in the final, Rado flogged exactly the same goal to exactly same player from a corner. We didn't get much breaks that day though - Dows shot, Ciftci's free kicks, deflection into McLean's path for the second, I always thought whoever scored first would win that day, if we had scored and they had to come out it would have suited us down to the ground.

That was a decent St John side, this cup win feels more like all the right cards have fallen for, them - St Mirren taking out Rangers, County Cetlic, in form Livi beating St Mirren then losing form. Fair play they did the business against Hibs and Livi, found a bit of decent form at right time. Both games against Hibs and Livi they were 2nd best until scoring from set pieces, said it all season, set plays are huge when there isn't much between teams.

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    No lecture just a fact
    Mair like he was extricating back what his Dad had voluntarily put in. Onyway’s , awa’ and get the rose petals ready for the Super Mario Bros. next visit to Dense.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 01-03-2021 at 07:47 PM.

After the semi final in 2014, I was certain the cup was heading to Dundee. Expected defeat but we were unlucky in the end. I think the crowd swung it. It went against us being at home, a massive away crowd which made all the noise and taunted us, with deafening noise, and it made the home end full of very angry bears and that was not a nice feeling. St Johnstone winning was a big shock, you had a superb team under Mcnamara! I am surprised they win nothing. It was nice to see saints win again and it will be nice to see the title head back where it belongs. Pacific shelf will not win the Scottish cup either lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Not sure why you quoted me here?? I really couldn't care less about them. Like TTT, I don't see them as a local rival in the slightest. Sh!te club, fan base & stadium. They're just another Livi or Hamilton to me.
    St. J are in a smaller way what Jim had Utd as. A corner shop competing with the giant supermarkets. In reality St. J should be on no bigger stage that Raith Rovers or Dunfermline, etc., considering the size of Perth and their fan base, etc. They have been and are punching way above their weight, an example of what can be achieved with limited resources. Livi, Hamilton, ICT, Rossco and a few others scratch out a similar living.

There's an enormous imbalance in Scottish football. Everything is designed to keep those at the top at the top. Any team which bucks the trend such as St. J is to be welcomed as a breath of fresh air.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)