+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glen roeder

A lovely man and a fine player who went long before his time.

R.I.P.

Real shame, even sadder as he was only in his 60s.

RIP and thoughts with his family and friends.

Very sad...the lovely memories of him on here show the man for what he was. Everyone at school wanted to be able to do the Roeder shuffle.

RIP

very very sad, shocking that he has battled away for so long. i had assumed he was cured, it was so long ago that he was first diagnosed. he certainly gave it a good run for the money.

R I P Glenn, you left a mark on this world that will be remembered for a long time

RIP Glen.
    One of the good guys.

My abiding memory of him comes from 1989 in the FA Cup against Watford.
    This was in the days of ties going to as many replays as it took to separate teams and I went with my son to Vicarage Road for the THIRD replay after three draws.
    The game was bloody awful and going to yet another replay when a Watford player took a shot from distance which was going wide.
    Glen stuck out a leg and diverted it into our net and we went out 0-1.

He later successfully overcame a brain tumour, a terrible disease which my son also fell victim to five years ago.
    Sadly my boy could not be saved, but we did make it one last time to SJP just before he passed away.
    I have to say that NUFC staff couldn't have helped us more to make that day a special occasion.

My heartfelt sympathy to Glen's family.

Hadn't realised that, Bill...I'm very sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Hadn't realised that, Bill...I'm very sorry.
    So very sad. A humble Man but a very good honest footballer and manager.

Honest, is a word in short supply in football, in this day and age.
    RIP Glenn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)