+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kings Lynn update.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Kings Lynn update.

Kings Lynn have issued a statement confirming their next two matches will go ahead. They added a further announcement would be made later.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    Kings Lynn have issued a statement confirming their next two matches will go ahead. They added a further announcement would be made later.
    Good news for now. Let's hope they find a way to complete the season too.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    Encouraging news, but I'll still wait until 7:30 tomorrow to purchase my match pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Encouraging news, but I'll still wait until 7:30 tomorrow to purchase my match pass.
    It will be refunded automatically if there is any drama. I had once cancelled due to bad weather and the level of professionalism in regards to the refund and speed it was processed was outstanding. If only our passes forward were as quick supporting Notts would be perfect.

I suppose it is good news for now. However, if KL decide to sack it off after their next 2 games and we've won, then the likelihood is we would have the points taken of us anyway further down the line? Expunged results etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    I suppose it is good news for now. However, if KL decide to sack it off after their next 2 games and we've won, then the likelihood is we would have the points taken of us anyway further down the line? Expunged results etc.
    Ouch that'd be a 6 pointer...

Let's have a whip round for King's Lynn if that happens, see if we can raise the 50 quid to keep them afloat

If Kings Lynn and Dover and perhaps others are shown the door it's going to be a bugger for the authorities to sort out who loses points, maybe who gains points for unplayed games, goal differences, etc. Serve the clueless sods right.

Expect tears when the issues of promotion and relegation crop up. Imagine being third from bottom, those two below you, plenty of points and way out of trouble, then you see them two disappear off the map and suddenly you're bottom and regulated. Imagine too the joy of promotion if you're third in the league behind those two and both clubs varnish - you're up!
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 02-03-2021 at 07:55 AM.

If there is any relegation from the NL this year, and it's looking a big if at the moment, then those clubs failing to fulfil fixtures should be relegated. I do think expulsion is a bit harsh under the circumstances, so if there is no relegation this year then the likes of Dover should be subject to a significant points deduction for next year (10 points +). Otherwise it's really unfair on those clubs who continued to play on this year.

Otherwise it's really unfair on those clubs who continued to play on this year.[/QUOTE]

The National League don’t understand the term fairness.

Quote Originally Posted by IluvNotts View Post
    Otherwise it's really unfair on those clubs who continued to play on this year.
    The National League don’t understand the term fairness.[/QUOTE]

True. Nor integrity, transparency or decisiveness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast