+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: State of Play at Turf Moor

State of Play at Turf Moor

It's grim up north that's for sure, but after another lamentable display, I don't see the point in having a pop at Sean Dyche. Certainly it was poor yet again, but surely we all know that what we are seeing now is nothing more than chickens coming home to roost, as they inevitably were going to do, it was always a matter of when, not if.

I cannot believe there is one Burnley fan who hasn't said, at some point over the last three years, that if we don't refresh the squad it's going to come back and bite us on the bum, in fact we knew we were asking to be relegated, and we've been saying it summer, after summer, after summer. But money to refresh the squad has not been forthcoming, and exactly what we all predicted would happen is now happening, our bum has been bitten and we're sliding into the relegation battle.

So given that we all knew this was coming, and we all know why it's happening, why turn on the manager ? This is not something Dychball is responsible for, it's not something a tweak of formation here, or earlier substitutions there, can cure, the problem is a deep seated lack of quality and depth in the squad, caused by the refusal of the board to release adequate funds to the manager over last half a dozen transfer windows.

We all know this for a fact, so why blame the manager ?

Only a total eejit could blame Dyche sinkov, but I blame him for not giving Garlick an ultimatum:

"Back me or I go!"

Exactly Sinkov. The blame lies squarely at the feet of Garlick and Co.We now know why they did not spend on the squad.That very money intended for recruitment has landed in their bank accounts.
    All the kind press we received over the years in the PL about having good custodians of the club and how well run the club was and that the directors are Burnley fans etc etc.
    Makes you wonder....

I accept that Sinkov but I do feel that Sean is his own worst enemy in some cases.

Dyche is very rigid in the way he plays and refuses to alter anything , I’ve posted it before that it’s slightly Archaic in approach and is inflexible in shape and any changes.

In other words we are so Very Very predictable————- you can blame the board if you like but Sean definitely has a hand in that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Only a total eejit could blame Dyche sinkov, but I blame him for not giving Garlick an ultimatum:

"Back me or I go!"

so...he was content with the state of affairs, the existing conditions - he reminded us of it on Numerous ocassions...went along with it, stuck to the gameplan - didn't rock the boat - put the board/garlick under pressure....yet he carries none of the blame for the position we're in today - you'd have to be a deluded fruitcake to believe his collusion to be above reproach - imo.

I must be a total eejit. We've seen the current squad play well in some games but Dyche can't cope with change, sticking to 442 come what may. Even against WB with 10 players he hadn't the nouse to go 433 to put the pressure on them, we just sat back and let them come at us. We had the players to beat Fulham and WBA but played the wrong tactics and that was down to Dyche, 4 points thrown away. Games like today, away against a "good" team he just plays damage limitation which means our defence is under constant pressure and the front two get no service. Dyche is the manager and the buck stops there, with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    so...he was content with the state of affairs, the existing conditions - he reminded us of it on Numerous ocassions...went along with it, stuck to the gameplan - didn't rock the boat - put the board/garlick under pressure....yet he carries none of the blame for the position we're in today - you'd have to be a deluded fruitcake to believe his collusion to be above reproach - imo.

I agree with that also Norder but he was never properly backed by the board and we do not know what conversations went on regarding the recruiting side.He could have been promised funds that simply never materialised for one reason or another but he never really publicly complained about the situation.Complicit I would say rather than colluding.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I agree with that also Norder but he was never properly backed by the board and we do not know what conversations went on regarding the recruiting side.He could have been promised funds that simply never materialised for one reason or another but he never really publicly complained about the situation.Complicit I would say rather than colluding.

can't disagree that he's Complicit in his involvement - Buda....but am sticking with Collusion because I dont agree (as some) that his collaboration is enough divided from the decision makers to distance him from the larger responsibility.

sinkov : I am not in agreement with what your saying, Dyce is leading the ship ,so just what happens, he has to take responsibility. I still have the notion ,that Sean's philosophy of football is '' keep the ball in the other teams half, at least they find it difficult to score, and we could just 'nick' a goal or two. Therefore what we are mostly seeing is balls from defence lofted into attack, with our forwards running to try to do something with the ball. ( For me that's not service for our forwards.' How does Sean allow it ? Are defence responsible? ) I should say goals scored, come mainly from set pieces, corners and free kicks .I would think it rarely comes through the middle. (But I do not see games now ,many games are not shown on a website I did use.)

During play ,or in the game ,our defence is 2nd or 3rd rate. We do not know how to organise defence, nor mark closely the other teams attack. Hell! stick with them like glue ,don't even let them breath. I have seen too much space between our defenders and an attacker! (2-3 yds ).
    Then whose fault is that if we are making schoolboy errors? No organization ,no control? Man to man marking is poor ? It happens week after week! Its Dyce who is responsible!

Lets first correct these mistakes, then see where we stand, after we can say '' but we need strengthening in this or that position.''

I personally think football should be reviewed /revised? In training we may be doing exercises on fitness, but what is done to strengthen the mind or character? Do the top 4 teams enter a dressing room with the thought ''its another win today!'' Then what about the bottom 4 ? Do they enter with ''it will be a hard game today?'' That's all attitude and character. ''We will win! We are going to win''!

What would happen if S D said ''we have been bought by millionaires and after next game ,but only if we win, 1 million, will be added to each team player!'' Would they play with passion, grit and determination, or say 'phuuck it who cares'? All what has been done here is changed an idea ! (....and I think they would play very hard to win!)

Dyce is not at fault that new players are not coming. But how we play the game, it is! It's Sean's responsibility! Ok, enough to chew on.

With a depleted squad we needed to go 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 just to nullify Bale, Kane and Son, but SD only knows 4-4-2, so we are a bit stuck.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)