+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: State of Play at Turf Moor

On the setting up at Spurs army, I didn't really notice any difference to the way we set up at Arsenal and Liverpool, and we took six points from those games. The way Dyche sets up, 4-4-2 and that's the end of it really, most often doesn't work in terms of watchability and entertainment, you could call it non-football or Dycheball if you like, but it works often enough in terms of points gained for us to survive at this level for four seasons and be well clear of the relegation zone at the moment in the 5th.

I agree with you, the recruitment and contract situation at Turf Moor is shambolic, I've no idea what goes on in that department, does anyone, nor how much Dyche is responsible for, but I can't believe he's happy with the situation. Beyond that there's nothing more I can say, although I can't defend, or find any sensible reason for, some of the signings, like Hart, Wells and Stephens. Nor have I any idea why we continued to pay Gibson good money to put the cones out on Boro's training ground for 18 months, why did Dyche tolerate that, or was it taken totally out of his hands, you tell me, I've no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    On the setting up at Spurs army, I didn't really notice any difference to the way we set up at Arsenal and Liverpool, and we took six points from those games. The way Dyche sets up, 4-4-2 and that's the end of it really, most often doesn't work in terms of watchability and entertainment, you could call it non-football or Dycheball if you like, but it works often enough in terms of points gained for us to survive at this level for four seasons and be well clear of the relegation zone at the moment in the 5th.

I agree with you, the recruitment and contract situation at Turf Moor is shambolic, I've no idea what goes on in that department, does anyone, nor how much Dyche is responsible for, but I can't believe he's happy with the situation. Beyond that there's nothing more I can say, although I can't defend, or find any sensible reason for, some of the signings, like Hart, Wells and Stephens. Nor have I any idea why we continued to pay Gibson good money to put the cones out on Boro's training ground for 18 months, why did Dyche tolerate that, or was it taken totally out of his hands, you tell me, I've no idea.
    Same 4-4-2 Sinkov different personnel - I posted that I felt Cork was really struggling and we’ve taken Brownhill out of the middle fit young energetic legs for old in decline legs —— just saying on Sunday Spurs went straight at the heart of our defence because and I did quote it Cork looked like he had lead boots on.

It’s hard to criticise one player but centre mid is critical , that s why I asked for a 5 across the middle to start with .

Who knows Sinkov but it just checked Liverpool and Arsenal line ups and it was Josh Brownhill I with westy.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Same 4-4-2 Sinkov different personnel - I posted that I felt Cork was really struggling and we’ve taken Brownhill out of the middle fit young energetic legs for old in decline legs —— just saying on Sunday Spurs went straight at the heart of our defence because and I did quote it Cork looked like he had lead boots on.

It’s hard to criticise one player but centre mid is critical , that s why I asked for a 5 across the middle to start with .

Who knows Sinkov but it just checked Liverpool and Arsenal line ups and it was Josh Brownhill I with westy.
    That's fair enough Army, Dyche chose Cork over Brownhill for CM, but the decision was made for him anyway, without Berg and Brady Brownhill has to play right side of midfield. Not sure who our 5th midfield player would be at the moment, one who is influential enough to turn a 4-0 defeat at Spurs into a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    That's fair enough Army, Dyche chose Cork over Brownhill for CM, but the decision was made for him anyway, without Berg and Brady Brownhill has to play right side of midfield. Not sure who our 5th midfield player would be at the moment, one who is influential enough to turn a 4-0 defeat at Spurs into a draw.
    It’s like I said Sinkov it’s easy after the event , I think I’d stick Brownhill back in centrally and include Benson maybe he’s fit and aggressive / competitive everything we lacked Sunday

It’s like I said Sinkov it’s easy after the event , I think I’d stick Brownhill back in centrally and include Benson maybe he’s fit and aggressive / competitive everything we lacked Sunday
    Play Lowton in front of Bardsley. He is a good crosser of the ball and has the ability to fall back and bail Bardsley out should the opposition have a tricker winger.

Come on guys I know we seem to have a love for SD and what he cannot be blamed for but he has failed to use all available options when it comes to signing. Firstly, he has wasted enormous money on Gibson, Vydra and Wells. Secondly, he has not used the loan option at all we are allowed 2 of those. And thirdly he has not taken advantage of the out of contract group of players (even on a pay as you play basis). So to say SD cannot be blamed for our brand of football is quite claret blinded. No matter how well some think he has done any reasonable person would conclude SD has no influence in the broader parts of the football arena hence the dycheball we have now.

I don't think Dyche wasted money on Vydra but I do think he wasted his talent by not using him from the word go and he has become stale.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    I don't think Dyche wasted money on Vydra but I do think he wasted his talent by not using him from the word go and he has become stale.
    I do not knock Burnley players ever, it goes against the grain for me personally, but even though I will never boo them or publicly shame them sometimes we have to be realistic.

Vydra has had ump**** chances to show he should have the shirt. He has failed abysmally IMHO and unless we are back in the Chumpionship, we need to get shut of him in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I do not knock Burnley players ever, it goes against the grain for me personally, but even though I will never boo them or publicly shame them sometimes we have to be realistic.

Vydra has had ump**** chances to show he should have the shirt. He has failed abysmally IMHO and unless we are back in the Chumpionship, we need to get shut of him in the summer.
    He’s just at the wrong club, our football is not conducive to his game and it won’t be ever ( more chance playing him and wood big man - small man ).

He’ll end up somewhere else and score goals again , where he’s loved and the focal point

I can understand us slating him if he played lots of games ( not 5-15 min cameos where were chasing games )

But you have to give the supply to a player like that and we don’t have the supply chain, I know a few on here say he’s not strong enough - physical, he needs a supply of Chanel ball not to his head against 6ft three meat head centre backs.

He’s just at the wrong club, playing against 6ft three meat head centre backs.
    How dare you speak of Dunk in such terms?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)