+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wembley Final - Attendance ?

Wembley Final - Attendance ?

Subject to Notts getting there and the fans being allowed in, what kind of crowd do we think is likely ?

Of the 3 other teams would Hereford sell the most tickets - if they get through ?

I think they still pull in 3-4k in their current league ?

How many Notts fans would go - 5k, 10k ?

All if and buts I know.

Looking forward to a potential day out.

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    Subject to Notts getting there and the fans being allowed in, what kind of crowd do we think is likely ?

Of the 3 other teams would Hereford sell the most tickets - if they get through ?

I think they still pull in 3-4k in their current league ?

How many Notts fans would go - 5k, 10k ?

All if and buts I know.

Looking forward to a potential day out.
    Saw something in the Nottingham Evening Post that stated we would take 25k. Made me laugh. We didnt take much more than that for the old division one play off final. Assuming no restrictions 10k max.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Saw something in the Nottingham Evening Post that stated we would take 25k. Made me laugh. We didnt take much more than that for the old division one play off final. Assuming no restrictions 10k max.
    I think we would get a decent following even from non Notts fans. People have been starved of football for so long and a trip to the new Wembley would be an attraction for many people whoever they support.
    Except Pedro who will be gauging his eyes out

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I think we would get a decent following even from non Notts fans. People have been starved of football for so long and a trip to the new Wembley would be an attraction for many people whoever they support.
    Except Pedro who will be gauging his eyes out
    Fair do's I have been able to do pretty much what I want for 8 months. If Pedro wants to gouge his eyes out I am happy to provide the gouging tool at no cost.

At the moment the answer is zero. The final is scheduled for May 8th, and the planned date for fans being allowed to return is May 17th, and even then with a crowd limit of 10,000.

The only hope is that there was some talk of pilot events as a trial before that date, and this game would seem an ideal candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    At the moment the answer is zero. The final is scheduled for May 8th, and the planned date for fans being allowed to return is May 17th, and even then with a crowd limit of 10,000.

The only hope is that there was some talk of pilot events as a trial before that date, and this game would seem an ideal candidate.
    Beat me to it - I was about to point out that final date, let’s hope for a pilot of 10k minimum so all last years season ticket holders, lifeline members and regular stream viewers should be able to go if they want to. I personally like those criteria as I tick all boxes - just need to get called up for vaccine (should be in next group) as that may also be a criteria as a tongue in cheek post previously suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Beat me to it - I was about to point out that final date, let’s hope for a pilot of 10k minimum so all last years season ticket holders, lifeline members and regular stream viewers should be able to go if they want to. I personally like those criteria as I tick all boxes - just need to get called up for vaccine (should be in next group) as that may also be a criteria as a tongue in cheek post previously suggested.
    They usually play the FA Trophy and FA Vase finals on the same day, but I think the FA Vase has been cancelled this year. If it is 10,000 between the two clubs most regular Notts fans should be ok for a ticket. I just hope they don't decide to play last year's final on the same day.

Despite going to 80% of the home games and about 60% away games, I can only prove the live streaming element.

I suppose if fans are allowed and it's 10,000, is that a 50/50 split ?

Despite going to 80% of the home games and about 60% away games, I can only prove the live streaming element.

I suppose if fans are allowed and it's 10,000, is that a 50/50 split ?
    No idea and I also have no idea on criteria for getting a ticket - just speculating. We are, however, in danger of creating a Forestesque “where’re you sitting at Wembley” type thread - wouldn’t want that to come back to bite us.

...We are, however, in danger of creating a Forestesque “where’re you sitting at Wembley” type thread - wouldn’t want that to come back to bite us.
    Well said.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast