+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Darren Moore.

More is like the big black dude in the Tom Hanks film “The Green Mile”........minus the superpowers and ability to make the electricity go haywire.

If he were my manager he’d drive me f u c k I n g mad whilst I waited for him to plan his next sentence, it’s like watching paint dry at press conferences.

As dull as a harvest moon.

All the best Darren. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Just hope we don't have him back here, a nice bloke but as dim as a candle.
    Anyone who thinks he's a better bet than Allardyce must be even dimmer.

Well put Des and very true. With the squad we had that season - even Barry Fry would have got us into the top six! He almost ruined Gayle by playing him on the wing - it took two months for Daz to engage his brain and fathom out playing out from the back didn’t work - then that night at Leeds ( I was there ) with Gayle on one wing - the Welsh international on the other and three in the middle including Barry. Leeds cut through us like a butter through knife because of those tactics. Then we do even worse by taking on a rookie who parked the bus at Vile park - idiot!!

Wish we had that squad now!!! Don’t get me wrong Darren was a nice bloke but oh so dim! You know know Mears might be licking his lips at this move - ha!

Darren Moore was a good servant of West Bromwich Albion, especially as a player, and a very nice bloke. Sadly, being a nice bloke doesn’t guarantee success. I wish Big Dave all the very best but I honestly believe that Doncaster Rovers was the limit of his ability. Sheffield Wednesday are the proverbial sleeping giant, actually a giant in deep hibernation, and I don’t think that he stands a chance there, too much unrealistic expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    All the best Darren. Congrats.
    Absolutely Boingy. So simple really. He got the job, he got the qualities someone was looking for. Says a lot really.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Just hope we don't have him back here, a nice bloke but as dim as a candle.
    Anyone who thinks he's a better bet than Allardyce must be even dimmer.
    I take it you refer to my post at (7) Des. I would suggest you read it again. I have not said that Big Dave is better that Big Sam. What I say is he has a better chance of keeping Wednesday up than Big Sam has of keeping us up. We are 10 points adrift (taking into account our poor goal difference) where as Wednesday are 6 points adrift with a game in hand.

So your reference to being dim, if aimed at me, is a little harsh. If I missed the post you refer to then I apologise, though I suspect I have not.

I will add, this site used to be excellent and had many many brilliant posters, who generally did not come out with the silly snide remarks that many are allowed to make in regard to other posters.

I have been a Baggie fan for over 54 years and a member of this forum since 2009. I joined because of the likes of yourself and a number of others who came across as jovial friendly people with whom one could have a bit of a connection with the Albion and enjoy general good willed banter. The snide comments from some quarters, make this site now not particularly welcoming. There is also a tendency for some to abuse the sites rules. I can only appeal to you and other moderators to consider those site rules and ensure they are applied as intended.

I think some of the negative comments made about a Darren is an absolute lack of disrespect for one of our former player, former manager and local lad. When he was in charge I found some of his decisions to be baffling like most of you say here. But does he really need to be called dim and whatever else under the sun?

How bad is it in your life that you have to subject one of our former players, manager and local lad to this vile abuse? You seriously need to take a look at yourself.

What has happened in the past has happened, when he managed us. He’s a good bloke who unlike some players will probably give you that time to talk to you, should you bump into him. He’s grounded and has a good conscience - pretty much what we rant about when we talk of rich footballers. He wasn’t our best manager but hey, there’s a few of them. He deserves better than this and I wish him all the best.

I def wish Big Dave all the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    I take it you refer to my post at (7) Des. I would suggest you read it again. I have not said that Big Dave is better that Big Sam. What I say is he has a better chance of keeping Wednesday up than Big Sam has of keeping us up. We are 10 points adrift (taking into account our poor goal difference) where as Wednesday are 6 points adrift with a game in hand.

So your reference to being dim, if aimed at me, is a little harsh. If I missed the post you refer to then I apologise, though I suspect I have not.

I will add, this site used to be excellent and had many many brilliant posters, who generally did not come out with the silly snide remarks that many are allowed to make in regard to other posters.

I have been a Baggie fan for over 54 years and a member of this forum since 2009. I joined because of the likes of yourself and a number of others who came across as jovial friendly people with whom one could have a bit of a connection with the Albion and enjoy general good willed banter. The snide comments from some quarters, make this site now not particularly welcoming. There is also a tendency for some to abuse the sites rules. I can only appeal to you and other moderators to consider those site rules and ensure they are applied as intended.

Oh tut tut! Des made a complimentary comment saying Big Dave was a nice bloke and many if not everybody would second that. Using the word dim in the same paragraph is not lacking respect - he's just stating the obvious! Some parents if truthful would describe their child as bright, academic, average, below average or even a bit dim whether it's at a subject or their general understanding.

The board is very welcoming and many are friends off the board, go to matches together or for meet ups, as well as swap business advice. You are very quick to jump on comments you don't like from other posters so just ignore them and jog on to a thread you do like - it's that simple!

I personally feel Boris comes across a bit dim or a bit of a clown but hey he went to Oxbridge so he can't be that dim!

I was at Leeds when we were hammered 4-0 and it should have been eight! Many would say playing both Gayle and the Welsh International on the wings and leaving Barry exposed in the middle was completely dim! Who was the manager?

That said good luck to Big Dave and hope he does well! As many have said - he's a great bloke and was a legend as a PLAYER!

I wasn't specifically referring to you BGM, but to the number of post's I have seen mainly on FB sites by people who think Big Dave is a top manager and Allardyce is rubbish.
    For some reason Albion fan's also think Derek McInnes is also the answer.
    We have probably the best manager we could hope to have gotten in our situation, and the only one who could get us back up if we go down, though I doubt he will stay given some folk's attitudes towards him.
    I'm not a fan of Allardyce and I wouldn't want his contract extended after it expires, but at the moment he is our best option.
    I apologise if you took my post personally but I don't single people out to insult, just my opinion of the Allardyce out posters, again not you but some have been against him from day one.
    I don't think saying dim is being offensive.
    As for Darren Moore I have seen Blue Tits and Squirrels work a solution out quicker.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)