+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Darren Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I wasn't specifically referring to you BGM, but to the number of post's I have seen mainly on FB sites by people who think Big Dave is a top manager and Allardyce is rubbish.
    For some reason Albion fan's also think Derek McInnes is also the answer.
    We have probably the best manager we could hope to have gotten in our situation, and the only one who could get us back up if we go down, though I doubt he will stay given some folk's attitudes towards him.
    I'm not a fan of Allardyce and I wouldn't want his contract extended after it expires, but at the moment he is our best option.
    I apologise if you took my post personally but I don't single people out to insult, just my opinion of the Allardyce out posters, again not you but some have been against him from day one.
    I don't think saying dim is being offensive.
    As for Darren Moore I have seen Blue Tits and Squirrels work a solution out quicker.
    Thanks Des for the clarification, as my post was the only one which referred to Big Dave and Big Sam in the, getting their respective clubs out of danger context, I assumed, wrongly, that your dim comment, referred to my post. I don’t use Facebook,Twitter or such other social media, as I see first hand what that type of media can be used for and the distress it can cause. I therefore have no knowledge of what others may have said.

No need to apologise, it was my misunderstanding for which I apologise to you.

As for Darren Moore I have seen Blue Tits and Squirrels work a solution out quicker.
    Seriously 55, is there any need. As eloquently as you think you’ve put it, its just not nice is it for one of our former players? DM has done a lot of charitable work, for a decent guy he doesn’t deserve this. Sometimes it’s just best to never say it.

Is it just me or anyone else think he deserves some respect as a former player, manager and a local guy to the club?

I wasn't specifically referring to you BGM, but to the number of post's I have seen mainly on FB sites by people who think Big Dave is a top manager and Allardyce is rubbish.
    For some reason Albion fan's also think Derek McInnes is also the answer.
    We have probably the best manager we could hope to have gotten in our situation, and the only one who could get us back up if we go down, though I doubt he will stay given some folk's attitudes towards him.
    I'm not a fan of Allardyce and I wouldn't want his contract extended after it expires, but at the moment he is our best option.
    I apologise if you took my post personally but I don't single people out to insult, just my opinion of the Allardyce out posters, again not you but some have been against him from day one.
    I don't think saying dim is being offensive.

Don’t know about Blue Tits Des but it certainly went Tits up tonight so no new manager bounce against a very average Rotherham! Looks like Donny here he comes for next season who incidentally won last night which was good news in a poor run.

Looks like we won’t be saying bonjour this coming season!

If he had never have played for us people would never have rated him as a manager.
    I liked him as a player as I did Don Howe, but not as managers.
    Better to be brutally honest than say nice things just because they played for us.

If he had never have played for us people would never have rated him as a manager.
    I liked him as a player as I did Don Howe, but not as managers.
    Better to be brutally honest than say nice things just because they played for us.
    I liked Ronnie Wallwork as a player but I’d be worried about my hubcaps if he were manager.

A former striker of ours is a legend but you’d need to check his pockets for the whisky bottle wrapped in brown paper each morning.

Moore could be out of the job before the clocks change again.

Nice guy, great “effort” player but not a great player in footballing terms.

We paid him well as a player, coach and manager, sometimes in life you need to know your own limitations in life.

I knew I was a very good salesman but I hated managing people so I refused promotions or didn’t even try.

I worked for myself for the first 8 years as a lone wolf with no other employees which really suited me.

I have staff now but I purposely leave other people to manage them, I lack the patience and empathy to deal with other peoples problems, I struggle enough with my own s h I t.

It’s a wise man who can accept his own position in life, many people get promoted way over their actual abilities due to pure luck.

If Darren had stayed in the ranks at Albion he’d have had a job for life, there’s absolutely no shame in doing that.

Instead he’s put himself in a position to be scrutinised very closely and at the moment he’s failing badly over the last couple of months.

Despite all our misgivings regarding Big Dave’s managerial abilities I would love him to succeed; it would be great to see a nice bloke make it.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Despite all our misgivings regarding Big Dave’s managerial abilities I would love him to succeed; it would be great to see a nice bloke make it.
    That’s my wish to Ketts. I am not a sentimentalist, I am, I am told, considerate and supportive but brutally honest.

I recall a co worker having a large win on a lottery and congratulating them and meaning it, then being asked by another colleague ‘do you really mean that’, as there were a number who were jealous and envious of the lucky and now wealthy person, which brought out a unhealthy side to their character. I love seeing others succeed and always encourage others to succeed.

I have never sought promotion but always strived to achieve and through that I have been promoted in nearly all industries I have worked, other than my longest career, albeit actually provided me with a good grounding, I saw things most would not want to see, and in all honestly it failed to live up to that childhood dream. For a lad and lass who left school without a qualification, and with barely any education, (for which, on my part, I take total responsibility, as I just lived to be outside involved in sport) me and my life long love (my gorgeous better half of over 40 years) have done ok and have more than we would ever have dreamed of, and all worked for to.

I will be retiring this year a few years prior to my 66 years, and in a position that means I will have no worries (health aside as you never know what’s around the corner) Family are also secure now going forward because for the last eight years, my life time investment has come to fruition, careful I have been by some’s reckoning, (tight by others reckoning ) but it has paid off for me, particularly the last eight years.

And it all started off by running a small business and growing it over ten years and selling it at its prime when I reached my thirties.

I have a few people to thank, my gorgeous long suffering wife, for getting me to understand figures, a night school teacher who tirelessly helped this thick oaf understand how to write, spell and and have an understanding of punctuation. Also a few people that gave me a break here and there and because of all of that and my humble beginnings and humanity, I always wish anyone trying to achieve something or better themselves all the very best.

One thing I recall someone saying to me when I was around twenty and considering going it alone but was almost to frightened to make that break, ‘it is better to have tried and failed than to never have tried at all’.

I write all of the above, and I make no apologise if it contains a little vanity, (That is very much unlike me but I read some vanity on here) (like they say, brutally honest) to give those who think Big Dave or anyone else should not aim to to achieve to do their best, into perspective. Without these people to use as an example, where would we be.

So Big Dave, I hope you smash it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    That’s my wish to Ketts. I am not a sentimentalist, I am, I am told, considerate and supportive but brutally honest.

I recall a co worker having a large win on a lottery and congratulating them and meaning it, then being asked by another colleague ‘do you really mean that’, as there were a number who were jealous and envious of the lucky and now wealthy person, which brought out a unhealthy side to their character. I love seeing others succeed and always encourage others to succeed.

I have never sought promotion but always strived to achieve and through that I have been promoted in nearly all industries I have worked, other than my longest career, albeit actually provided me with a good grounding, I saw things most would not want to see, and in all honestly it failed to live up to that childhood dream. For a lad and lass who left school without a qualification, and with barely any education, (for which, on my part, I take total responsibility, as I just lived to be outside involved in sport) me and my life long love (my gorgeous better half of over 40 years) have done ok and have more than we would ever have dreamed of, and all worked for to.

I will be retiring this year a few years prior to my 66 years, and in a position that means I will have no worries (health aside as you never know what’s around the corner) Family are also secure now going forward because for the last eight years, my life time investment has come to fruition, careful I have been by some’s reckoning, (tight by others reckoning ) but it has paid off for me, particularly the last eight years.

And it all started off by running a small business and growing it over ten years and selling it at its prime when I reached my thirties.

I have a few people to thank, my gorgeous long suffering wife, for getting me to understand figures, a night school teacher who tirelessly helped this thick oaf understand how to write, spell and and have an understanding of punctuation. Also a few people that gave me a break here and there and because of all of that and my humble beginnings and humanity, I always wish anyone trying to achieve something or better themselves all the very best.

One thing I recall someone saying to me when I was around twenty and considering going it alone but was almost to frightened to make that break, ‘it is better to have tried and failed than to never have tried at all’.

I write all of the above, and I make no apologise if it contains a little vanity, (That is very much unlike me but I read some vanity on here) (like they say, brutally honest) to give those who think Big Dave or anyone else should not aim to to achieve to do their best, into perspective. Without these people to use as an example, where would we be.

So Big Dave, I hope you smash it.
    Well said 👍

Mick has it the nail on the head, Darren should have stayed in the ranks and become a well respected and much loved member of our backroom staff.
    To offer him the job in such an important season when he had no managerial experience was ludicrous, and even more ludicrous for him to accept it. I remember having a foul mouthed outburst on here at the time.
    To be a good manager you need experience, tactical nous, charisma, leadership and above all to be your own man, and not be influenced by others.
    Darren had none of these attributes and I doubt he ever will.
    His after match interviews were embarrassing when he rolled out the old clichés like, part and parcel and we move on.
    A lovely guy, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Well said ��

Almost everybody comments he’s a lovely bloke and hope he smashes it as one said! But many have been brutally honest and said he does not have the ability or tactical nous to do that! He achieved nothing with us as let’s be honest - with that strong squad even the tea lady could have achieved top six and he was backed well at Doncaster but after two seasons they have been around the position in the league as one would expect. Doncaster won last night and came out of a poor run of results.

I sincerely hope he succeeds but would put money on it - he won’t! I hope I am wrong as again he’s a nice chap! Bilic was sentimental and put faith in those who were promoted which was a huge error of judgement. Fat Sam has seen Livermore, Sawyers etc are not good enough despite having patience. Often good managers are fair but ruthless!
    Last edited by baggieal; 04-03-2021 at 12:28 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)