+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Darren Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Good posts from Bomber and Barrera - the squad that year was actually stronger and had more quality than the one we have now. Harvey Barnes was always going places - absolute class! Then we had Jay Rod and Gayle who actually knew what a net was unlike the clowns we have now!
    Problem is neither JRod or Gayle know where a Premier League net is. Neither of them are first choice in 2 lower Prem sides (Gayle can't even make first X1 when Newcastle have so many strikers injured.)

In what way are these 2 squad players better than the 'clowns' we have now? 2 goals between em this season.

Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Problem is neither JRod or Gayle know where a Premier League net is. Neither of them are first choice in 2 lower Prem sides (Gayle can't even make first X1 when Newcastle have so many strikers injured.)

In what way are these 2 squad players better than the 'clowns' we have now? 2 goals between em this season.

Move on.

Opinions 9 goals. I think many would rather have Gayle than HRK, Zohore and the departed Austin that's for sure. Personally, I would take him over Diagne.

Many slated Rondon at our place but the Newcastle supporters loved him. Funny old world! Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Opinions 9 goals. I think many would rather have Gayle than HRK, Zohore and the departed Austin that's for sure. Personally, I would take him over Diagne.

Many slated Rondon at our place but the Newcastle supporters loved him. Funny old world! Move on.
    Gayle instead of HRK. Zohore and Austin! Talk about set the bar low. Our front 3 'clowns' on Sunday were Periera. Diagne and Phillips all of whom have a better scoring average than JRod this season. I have moved on these these 2 as regards what we needed in the Premier League.

Remind me.How many £10 of millions did Newcastle want for Gayle back in the summer?

Gayle instead of HRK. Zohore and Austin! Talk about set the bar low. Our front 3 'clowns' on Sunday were Periera. Diagne and Phillips all of whom have a better scoring average than JRod this season. I have moved on these these 2 as regards what we needed in the Premier League.

Remind me.How many £10 of millions did Newcastle want for Gayle back in the summer?

If you read the post ( then we had Gayle and Jay Rod in the past tense ) which referred to the championship season! That said, if the price was right, I would still have Gayle now over any of those mentioned except Pereira who is not a striker. The price won't be right though so that's that! Strange you mention Philips - how many goals did he score in the championship and how many did Gayle score with us and some matches he was played as a winger!

Would I have Gayle back this season in the championship - yes if the price was right ( but he won't be for us ) and for sure, he still would be more match fit more than Diangana..... As for mentioning Gayle with Newcastle - her's been injured and they have a few who can find the net! Strange how many of ours didn't rate Rondon but he was loved at Newcastle and did well....
    Last edited by baggieal; 08-03-2021 at 04:52 PM.

That's the problem. You're comparing Prem with Champ. Baggies fans know better than most there is no comparison

I wouldn't take Gayle in the Prem at any price. I'd take him in the Championship for a nominal fee and on Championship wages. He is and the stats say always has been a Championship striker.

That's the problem. You're comparing Prem with Champ. Baggies fans know better than most there is no comparison

I wouldn't take Gayle in the Prem at any price. I'd take him in the Championship for a nominal fee and on Championship wages. He is and the stats say always has been a Championship striker.

I respect your decision but if the price was right ( but that would not be the case ) I would rather Gayle play for us in the Premier over HRK, Zohore and the departed Austin and even Diagne for so many he's missed! That's saying something!

If like you say he came for a good fee and realistic wages in the championship - I would jump at Gayle or even a loan fee. Zohore, Austin, HRK - I would not even keep in the championship this coming season and that was one of Bilic's mistakes by staying loyal to them in addition to Livermore and Sawyers.

I didn't particularly like Fat Sam but he's started to be ruthless, and honestly think he would be in the championship if persuaded with a fat incentive.

I don't mean to take the thread off at a tangent but you both appear to be overlooking the fact Dwight Gayle's out of contract in the summer.

Despite this he'll still be on one heck of a wedge with a signing on fee, promotion bonus and future contractual wage increases (similar to those of Charlie Austin for example) on top.

I like him as a player but I think we may need to be a little more creative with our future resources and financial obligations.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    I don't mean to take the thread off at a tangent but you both appear to be overlooking the fact Dwight Gayle's out of contract in the summer.

Despite this he'll still be on one heck of a wedge with a signing on fee, promotion bonus and future contractual wage increases (similar to those of Charlie Austin for example) on top.

I like him as a player but I think we may need to be a little more creative with our future resources and financial obligations.

You are spot on there 68! Shame though. We need to get the recruitment side slick again which means Dowling needs to do one first! Any young players that can come through? I hope we try one or two when our fate is sorted.

Gayle’s most productive career time in goals per game ratio was whilst with us I believe?

23 in 39 games is a hell of a return these days in the top two divisions.

Some strikers are just made for certain clubs and I’d say that for Gayle with us.

You’d like to think players would appreciate that but it’s always the £’s that come first.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    ......23 in 39 games is a hell of a return these days in the top two divisions......
    Very decent return considering those appearances weren't all for ninety minutes and he spent at least seven games out of position on the left when Harvey Barnes went back to Leicester.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)