+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Darren Moore leaves Doncaster Rovers, to become Sheffield Wednesday manager

To be clear I would rather have Paul Warne than Darren Moore. Moore has achieved nothing and like Mark Robins, bailed out when the first so called better job came along.

As far as the green eyed monster is concerned, I don’t like Sheffield Wednesday. They have delusions of grandeur 20 years out of date. They may or may not stay up and some are arguing they would be better off without the deduction. They had a 12 point reduction which was halved for some unknown reason when, in reality they should have been relegated last season.

Football at this level stinks and favours those who are prepared to pay big wages irrespective of their actual situation and our aim is to have a sustainable football club and given the comments of some on here, if I was Tony Stewart I would be asking “what’s the point”?

Just cast your minds back to 2007. This has been a shocking year but also think what it would be without our beloved team.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    A distinct lack of class in this thread.

The green eyed monster has reared its ugly head.

Darren Moore would have kept the Millers up, no question. The best manager outside the Poem.

The Owls got in there first.....so suck it up.

But envy is not a good look.
    What poem would that be Idiot? The Owls got in because Cook decided Ipswich was a better bet.

I wonder how Darren is going to deal with the threat of George Hirst.

Two goals...you heard it here first

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I wonder how Darren is going to deal with the threat of George Hirst.

Two goals...you heard it here first
    I can't see Wednesday scoring twice flour 😉

Bang on!

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    To be clear I would rather have Paul Warne than Darren Moore. Moore has achieved nothing and like Mark Robins, bailed out when the first so called better job came along.

As far as the green eyed monster is concerned, I don’t like Sheffield Wednesday. They have delusions of grandeur 20 years out of date. They may or may not stay up and some are arguing they would be better off without the deduction. They had a 12 point reduction which was halved for some unknown reason when, in reality they should have been relegated last season.

Football at this level stinks and favours those who are prepared to pay big wages irrespective of their actual situation and our aim is to have a sustainable football club and given the comments of some on here, if I was Tony Stewart I would be asking “what’s the point”?

Just cast your minds back to 2007. This has been a shocking year but also think what it would be without our beloved team.
    Bang on!

Football must be the only profession where people are criticized for moving to more well paid jobs. Had Donny not gone up. (A distinct possibility), perhaps the Rovers fans would be saying that he'd taken them as far as he could.
    He will eventually get a decent pay off from the Owls, unless he turns out to have Clough-like abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Football must be the only profession where people are criticized for moving to more well paid jobs. Had Donny not gone up. (A distinct possibility), perhaps the Rovers fans would be saying that he'd taken them as far as he could.
    He will eventually get a decent pay off from the Owls, unless he turns out to have Clough-like abilities.
    To be fair Jocks, football is pretty much the only profession where the "customers" have a lifelong emotional attachment to the business. I always struggle to equate it to other professions because of that reason.

Maybe it's time to have a transfer window for managers?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    To be fair Jocks, football is pretty much the only profession where the "customers" have a lifelong emotional attachment to the business. I always struggle to equate it to other professions because of that reason.

This is the big problem with football, as it follows or creates (??) its own business plan.

If our suppliers can't supply us with basic materials or their service drops off or I can source it cheaper elsewhere, I will look at all options - it's an ongoing thing, trying to get the best deal for the business.

If the Millers play crap or loose or whatever I'm stuck with 'em - I can't go elsewhere - like you say, the lifelong emotional attachment can't (or shouldn't) be changed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast