+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Steve Coakley has been recognised by the EFL

Steve Coakley has been recognised by the EFL

Well done Steve

Rotherham United
    @OfficialRUFC
    ·
    13m
    READ |
    @EFL
    recognise contribution of Commercial Director
    @coakley_steve
    with long-service award

https://t.co/dWX5wvtuGO?amp=1

Excellent news and well done Steve! Once when visiting the stadium I met Steve and off the cuff, asked him who chose our kits/colours and what's the process of ordering them to getting them into the club shop.

He invited me to his office for a chat and he methodically explained the process which was an eye opener. I also asked about why the club didn't have it's own bar/restaurant for pre match drinks/meals for home fans and the revenue the club could make off this. Again a very lengthy explanation was given and the numbers (£££'s) to open up an establishment at the ground, would make your eyes water.

Plus the restrictions by other retailers who would probably object to RUFC ever opening up such a place, that would in essence affect their matchday businesses. Yes, Steve was very open and honest and I have to say enjoyed the chat with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Excellent news and well done Steve! Once when visiting the stadium I met Steve and off the cuff, asked him who chose our kits/colours and what's the process of ordering them to getting them into the club shop.

He invited me to his office for a chat and he methodically explained the process which was an eye opener. I also asked about why the club didn't have it's own bar/restaurant for pre match drinks/meals for home fans and the revenue the club could make off this. Again a very lengthy explanation was given and the numbers (£££'s) to open up an establishment at the ground, would make your eyes water.

Plus the restrictions by other retailers who would probably object to RUFC ever opening up such a place, that would in essence affect their matchday businesses. Yes, Steve was very open and honest and I have to say enjoyed the chat with him.
    So he sold you a load of rubbish and you lapped it up because he invited you into his office😆