+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having A Dismal Day.

Having A Dismal Day.

For absolutely no good reason at all I’ve woken up with my moral in my boots today.

Yesterday and Saturday fine.......today it feels like the end of the World.

The brain is a complex thing, I’ll never understand myself.

Try and go for a walk/run being outside and getting exercise often helps. For some inexplicable reason I felt better than ever this morning, as you say tho our brains are complex and unfathonable at times!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Try and go for a walk/run being outside and getting exercise often helps. For some inexplicable reason I felt better than ever this morning, as you say tho our brains are complex and unfathonable at times!

I normally walk or run 5 miles a day but today I feel so demotivated I can’t get myself ready to go.

I think maybe I trained two hard on Saturday and Sunday.

There is no rhyme or reason to it sometimes Mick. I used to have really black moments that would literally only last an hour. Now I'm finding that a low mood can last for a couple of weeks, then I can come out of it for a day, then back to a couple of weeks of low mood. Our bodies are changing as we get older, food tastes can just change (Hated Beef all my life, now I cant eat enough of it). We also only just start to realise how our childhoods have impacted on us. I am currently trying to access social services records and the guy said, "You would be amazed how many of your age group are doing the same" I'm 61 btw. Hope you feel better in the days ahead Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    For absolutely no good reason at all I’ve woken up with my moral in my boots today.

Yesterday and Saturday fine.......today it feels like the end of the World.

The brain is a complex thing, I’ll never understand myself.
    These last twelve months have taken their toll on many people; you can’t have your life put on hold for a year and expect that you can escape some effects. Ther are days when I want to do something that I enjoy, play some music for example, and find that the motivation just isn’t there. It can get very depressing. Strangely, I have found sometimes that just going to bed and sleeping it off works! Hang in there Mick, you’re not alone feeling that way.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    There is no rhyme or reason to it sometimes Mick. I used to have really black moments that would literally only last an hour. Now I'm finding that a low mood can last for a couple of weeks, then I can come out of it for a day, then back to a couple of weeks of low mood. Our bodies are changing as we get older, food tastes can just change (Hated Beef all my life, now I cant eat enough of it). We also only just start to realise how our childhoods have impacted on us. I am currently trying to access social services records and the guy said, "You would be amazed how many of your age group are doing the same" I'm 61 btw. Hope you feel better in the days ahead Mick.

Your over the hill at 61 Boingy! I went to Waitrose the other day and a pretty young employee must have taken pity on me as I couldn’t get the soap down from the top shelf. She said wait a minute and came back with some steps and you could see right up her skirt when she climbed up! She stopped smiling when - I said I feel like I’m in my twenties again with a wicked grin on my face!

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Funnily enough mate I’ve just been listening to your wonderful song “When The Time Is Right” whilst sat in the car waiting for the wife to have her Covid jab.

I love that song, I either listen to it in the dark or with my eyes shut on days like today, it always seems to fit the mood when I’m in a low spot.

It deserves more recognition.

Hope you’re doing okay, I just need to get out for a good run tomorrow I suspect.

Totally different today.

A simple trip to my accountant followed by a 5 mile run on a lovely afternoon.

Weird isn’t it.......such fluctuations in the human mind?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Totally different today.

A simple trip to my accountant followed by a 5 mile run on a lovely afternoon.

Weird isn’t it.......such fluctuations in the human mind?

Make sure you have good days tomorrow and Saturday because the days after will be much of the same old s hite!

Don’t like accountants as never their fault - your the director who signs everything off so all your fault!! No accountability any more!! Even lawyers have disclaimers now on professional advice!!! Professionals? W ankers the lot of them!

Do you suffer from depression Mick? There is no reason for it, it's an illness like any other, but a lot of people don't recognise it as such and say things like cheer up or pull yourself together. It doesn't help.
    I am the opposite, I always feel high, so high at times that I feel like laughing for no reason.
    I do sympathise mate with you and everyone else who suffers from this terrible affliction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)