Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
Do you suffer from depression Mick? There is no reason for it, it's an illness like any other, but a lot of people don't recognise it as such and say things like cheer up or pull yourself together. It doesn't help.
I am the opposite, I always feel high, so high at times that I feel like laughing for no reason.
I do sympathise mate with you and everyone else who suffers from this terrible affliction.
I’ve never been diagnosed with it Des and I’ve never wanted to kill myself either, I wouldn’t even suggest I have anything like the level that a lot of people have to deal with.

A lot of my “darkness” is hard to fathom as I have absolutely no material worries.

My son has caused me a lot of angst over his almost 29 years, I think a lot of my issues are based around him and also the level of responsibility I feel for my family as they all rely on my business for their livelihoods.

I also think that my melancholy is about the years that have passed and a lack of available time left in which to do the things I want to do.

My health is a bit “flakey” at present with a couple of unresolved problems plus my wife’s recent scare.

On bass days I’m just better left alone, I don’t like people trying to probe me and cheer me up, I prefer solitude on those days.

I really feel for people who suffer true depression.