+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ardley working on additions

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    I think Doyle would get exposed at CB. He’d read the game well, but in terms of pace and balls in the air he’d struggle. Wolfe may well be good option, but would that then leave us short in the middle or f the park? That then raises the question re giving Wolfe more game time.
    I think its a safe bet that Doyle & Reeves will be reunited tomorrow night, so it may be the only way for Wolfe to get some game time!!!.
    At a push I would have thought Barnett could play left side CB too. Miller at LB

I'd rather have Doyle as GK rather than as a CB.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    Adam Long was great despite barely playing senior football I agree. Earlier this season when Graham was here, Ben Turner was injured, yet Graham still didn’t play. So why now does Ardley need to splash more money, when the exact same player is injured? It makes no sense at all, if you don’t want to promote youth fine. However as I said Michael Doyle could more than handle himself at CB, as could Matty Wolfe. The biggest issue signing a loan player and not playing them will cause is, Notts will get a bad reputation, and it will stop clubs loaning us their players in future.
    Long did well. Bagan had some good games and some good indifferent performances. Interested to know if they played reserve football or had at least trained with their respective first teams.

The amount of fixtures coming up and Brindley, who could play CB, being injured has magnified the situation.

[QUOTE=Killerkline;39718077]Long did well. Bagan had some good games and some indifferent performances. - correction

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    I think Doyle would get exposed at CB. He’d read the game well, but in terms of pace and balls in the air he’d struggle. Wolfe may well be good option, but would that then leave us short in the middle or f the park? That then raises the question re giving Wolfe more game time.
    You make a good point regarding Doyle, that would more of a last ditch option. I’m sure he could if we badly needed him to though. Wolfe on the other hand, I know can play CB as he did it at Barnsley. He also hasn’t really played in the centre of the park, so we aren’t really losing much there. That means we have Lacey, Rawlinson, Wolfe as people that can definitely play CB. You add a youth player into that, who can sit on the bench and play if badly needed, and we are fine IMO.

Not seen Wolfe play CB, but comfortable with that option if we go down that route. He’s definitely got the physical presence for CB.

Interesting to see what the next few days bring.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I wonder if Slocombe or Pilling can play CB...

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I wonder if Slocombe or Pilling can play CB...
    Was thinking more Effiong

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast