+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ardley working on additions

Quote Originally Posted by St Kitts Magpie View Post
    Was thinking more Effiong
    He's certainly a physical presence, worth a look for sure.

Pierce Bird might be worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Pierce Bird might be worth a look.
    Yeah, I've heard he's doing well at Eastleigh now.

CBs such a hard position for a young player to step up into. There’s the pressure of any mistakes ultimately can cost you a goal and physically as you go down the leagues they need to be strong lads or they will absolutely get dominated.

Another stick to try and beat the manager with then.

Neal Ardley will have seen the options in the youth team and deemed them not ready for first team action...how many on here have witnessed the same players train?

This is one to trust the club and management with I feel. They’ve proven they will give youth a chance if they perform and train well so we can only assume they are nowhere near ready, end of. You can cry and whinge all you like about the youth not being given a chance but if they were good enough then why the hell wouldn’t they be given a chance? You honestly think Ardley is actively not picking players who are better than what he can sign? Give your head a wobble and have a long hard look in the mirror.

You’d have thought fans would be happy that we have owners that are sensibly able to support the manager when the need arises, but no, it’s another managerial blunder. I don’t know, I really hope no one from the club reads these pages.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post

Neal Ardley will have seen the options in the youth team and deemed them not ready for first team action...how many on here have witnessed the same players train?

This is one to trust the club and management with I feel. They’ve proven they will give youth a chance if they perform and train well so we can only assume they are nowhere near ready, end of. You can cry and whinge all you like about the youth not being given a chance but if they were good enough then why the hell wouldn’t they be given a chance? You honestly think Ardley is actively not picking players who are better than what he can sign? Give your head a wobble and have a long hard look in the mirror.

You’d have thought fans would be happy that we have owners that are sensibly able to support the manager when the need arises, but no, it’s another managerial blunder. I don’t know, I really hope no one from the club reads these pages.
    Exactly, why on earth would he take a youth player from another club if he didn’t think they were better than what we have, he’s hardly going to be anti Notts academy. Same with Wolfe with people stating it’s a joke he’s not playing as if they know the ins and outs of Matty Wolfe. The truth is he sees them every day, appears that his judgment was Wolfe is getting there but not the answer to our prayers as we saw in his performances, put in good shifts, did some good things and bad. Just because they are young doesn’t mean their the next Rooney and turn out to be the teams best player.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post

I completely agree. If we are supposed to be trying to get automatic promotion then the manager needs to bring in players who he can trust who are going to be capable, solid and do a job and maintain our excellent defensive record.

Now is not the time to just throw youth players straight in to cover positions like centre back for an entire game. The second half of the season is going to be like no other with Tue/Sat games each week consistently. Youth players need to be blooded into the team gradually. They will also make mistakes and as such if a centre back gives away a goal people will soon bemoan that fact that the 1-0 wins start turning to 1-1 or we start scoring and then become leaky at the back. Likewise it would not do the youth players confidence any good either.

If McCory, Turner, Brindley and Golden are all injured then it's clear we need defensive cover. It's not like the manager is wanting to make signings for the sake of signings sake. Unpredicted injuries happen in football and it's unfortunate that we have lost two defenders on one day on top of injuries to Brindley and McCory. But we have so it has to be dealt with which it sounds like the club are on the case.

Rawlinson and Lacey are our gems and need protecting. They are tier five players and it is very true that asking them to play twice a week from now until the end of the season is asking an awful lot and they will need to be rested. They are not robots and two games a week usually happens a few times a season evenly spread out, not for three months consistently.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 01-03-2021 at 10:26 PM.

We have seen what's happened at Liverpool with playing people out of position in the middle of defence, even Man City last season struggled sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I completely agree. If we are supposed to be trying to get automatic promotion then the manager needs to bring in players who he can trust who are going to be capable, solid and do a job and maintain our excellent defensive record.

Now is not the time to just throw youth players straight in to cover positions like centre back for an entire game. The second half of the season is going to be like no other with Tue/Sat games each week consistently. Youth players need to be blooded into the team gradually. They will also make mistakes and as such if a centre back gives away a goal people will soon bemoan that fact that the 1-0 wins start turning to 1-1 or we start scoring and then become leaky at the back. Likewise it would not do the youth players confidence any good either.

If McCory, Turner, Brindley and Golden are all injured then it's clear we need defensive cover. It's not like the manager is wanting to make signings for the sake of signings sake. Unpredicted injuries happen in football and it's unfortunate that we have lost two defenders on one day on top of injuries to Brindley and McCory. But we have so it has to be dealt with which it sounds like the club are on the case.

Rawlinson and Lacey are our gems and need protecting. They are tier five players and it is very true that asking them to play twice a week from now until the end of the season is asking an awful lot and they will need to be rested. They are not robots and two games a week usually happens a few times a season evenly spread out, not for three months consistently.
    I agree, The gulf between youth and first team football is immense before Covid and after I retired I used to watch Notts reserves at ML and Ilkeston. if we get back to the league this season we can get the reserve's going again which helps injured player get back to match fitness.

Once he has mastered his additions we can start him on subtractions.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast