+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ardley working on additions

Ardley working on additions

Neal Ardley says he is working hard to make additions to his squad following injuries to Ben Turner and Tyler Golden.

The pair are likely to be missing for several weeks after Turner hobbled out of the warm up and Golden rolled his ankle in the first half of Saturday's FA Trophy victory against Oxford City.

And, mindful of the intense fixture schedule ahead as well as the continued absence of Richard Brindley and Damien McCrory, Ardley is determined to recruit extra bodies.

“We need another centre half and right back and whoever comes in has got to be ready to go,” said Ardley.

“As soon as Ben Turner walked in from the warm-up on Saturday, at around 2.45pm, I rang Richard Montague to tell him that he needed to get on the case over the weekend. Then, obviously, Tylor happened.

“I think Greg Abbott had about 20 minutes with his family yesterday – other than that he was on the phone all day, but it’s tough because not everyone answers on a Sunday.

“We’ve continued that hard work into today – we’re doing everything we can to try and get a couple of really good bodies in really, really quickly.”

Our hectic run of games continues with a Vanarama National League home match against King’s Lynn Town on Tuesday night and the boss is having to think carefully about which players get the nod to start.

“It’s really important that fans understand I can’t pick the same team every week going forward,” he said.

“Connell Rawlinson and Alex Lacey, for example, have played five games on the trot and they’re almost at the point of cumulative fatigue and injury.

“If we lost either of them for six weeks everyone would be devastated, so I’ve got to look after their bodies

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...s-lynn-010321/

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Neal Ardley says he is working hard to make additions to his squad following injuries to Ben Turner and Tyler Golden.

The pair are likely to be missing for several weeks after Turner hobbled out of the warm up and Golden rolled his ankle in the first half of Saturday's FA Trophy victory against Oxford City.

And, mindful of the intense fixture schedule ahead as well as the continued absence of Richard Brindley and Damien McCrory, Ardley is determined to recruit extra bodies.

“We need another centre half and right back and whoever comes in has got to be ready to go,” said Ardley.

“As soon as Ben Turner walked in from the warm-up on Saturday, at around 2.45pm, I rang Richard Montague to tell him that he needed to get on the case over the weekend. Then, obviously, Tylor happened.

“I think Greg Abbott had about 20 minutes with his family yesterday – other than that he was on the phone all day, but it’s tough because not everyone answers on a Sunday.

“We’ve continued that hard work into today – we’re doing everything we can to try and get a couple of really good bodies in really, really quickly.”

Our hectic run of games continues with a Vanarama National League home match against King’s Lynn Town on Tuesday night and the boss is having to think carefully about which players get the nod to start.

“It’s really important that fans understand I can’t pick the same team every week going forward,” he said.

“Connell Rawlinson and Alex Lacey, for example, have played five games on the trot and they’re almost at the point of cumulative fatigue and injury.

“If we lost either of them for six weeks everyone would be devastated, so I’ve got to look after their bodies

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...s-lynn-010321/
    He’s taking the pi** at this point. How many more signings?! We have a youth team that’s top of their league, spanking the likes of Huddersfield, yet they can’t get near the squad? Awful man management by Ardley, and sends out a bad message to our youth players. The irony is, he will probably sign a youth player from a league 1/Championship club, and people will claim it’s a ‘good signing’ this guy is being backed better than most League 2/1 clubs it’s becoming a farce. How are we going to know if our youngsters are good enough, if they aren’t given a chance despite injuries?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    He’s taking the pi** at this point. How many more signings?! We have a youth team that’s top of their league, spanking the likes of Huddersfield, yet they can’t get near the squad? Awful man management by Ardley, and sends out a bad message to our youth players. The irony is, he will probably sign a youth player from a league 1/Championship club, and people will claim it’s a ‘good signing’ this guy is being backed better than most League 2/1 clubs it’s becoming a farce. How are we going to know if our youngsters are good enough, if they aren’t given a chance despite injuries?
    Would be genuinely interested to see if we have any potential young players coming through the ranks....Did find it odd when we let Graham go that we never replaced him. His argument would be now is not the time to be testing them out, but when are we going find out?

Why is it taking the pee? We’ve now got 2 fit central defenders? If one should get injured we’d have a major issue.

Brindley injured and now is replacement/cover is too.

I do agree that we/Ardley is in a very fortunate position to be able to replace.

Youth team to first team is a massive step. I’ve got no idea about the ability of the boys in the youth team, but I’d be very anxious about them dropping straight into the first team. The difference bringing in a younger player from the championship, they may have been exposed to reserves. Still not ideal.

Maybe ask about Graham?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    Why is it taking the pee? We’ve now got 2 fit central defenders? If one should get injured we’d have a major issue.

Brindley injured and now is replacement/cover is too.

I do agree that we/Ardley is in a very fortunate position to be able to replace.

Youth team to first team is a massive step. I’ve got no idea about the ability of the boys in the youth team, but I’d be very anxious about them dropping straight into the first team. The difference bringing in a younger player from the championship, they may have been exposed to reserves. Still not ideal.

Maybe ask about Graham?
    That’s the thing though, Adam Long and Joel Bagan had barely played senior football, they came in and did ok. Michael Doyle, could definitely fill in a CB if needed. Matty Wolfe has also played CB at Barnsley. We have options. I suppose it would all depend on who comes in, if it’s an experienced CB fine I can understand that, if it’s a youngster then I can’t.

Quote Originally Posted by St Kitts Magpie View Post
    Would be genuinely interested to see if we have any potential young players coming through the ranks....Did find it odd when we let Graham go that we never replaced him. His argument would be now is not the time to be testing them out, but when are we going find out?
    Exactly when are we going to find out? If they can’t even make the squad, when we have injury’s what’s the point in having an academy...

I take your point. Anyone club with players coming in is going to want there players having some game time. Which probably explains why Graham went back. personally thought Adam Long did well

Quote Originally Posted by St Kitts Magpie View Post
    I take your point. Anyone club with players coming in is going to want there players having some game time. Which probably explains why Graham went back. personally thought Adam Long did well
    Adam Long was great despite barely playing senior football I agree. Earlier this season when Graham was here, Ben Turner was injured, yet Graham still didn’t play. So why now does Ardley need to splash more money, when the exact same player is injured? It makes no sense at all, if you don’t want to promote youth fine. However as I said Michael Doyle could more than handle himself at CB, as could Matty Wolfe. The biggest issue signing a loan player and not playing them will cause is, Notts will get a bad reputation, and it will stop clubs loaning us their players in future.

Adam Long was great despite barely playing senior football I agree. Earlier this season when Graham was here, Ben Turner was injured, yet Graham still didn’t play. So why now does Ardley need to splash more money, when the exact same player is injured? It makes no sense at all, if you don’t want to promote youth fine. However as I said Michael Doyle could more than handle himself at CB, as could Matty Wolfe. The biggest issue signing a loan player and not playing them will cause is, Notts will get a bad reputation, and it will stop clubs loaning us their players in future.
    I pretty much agree with all that...

I think Doyle would get exposed at CB. He’d read the game well, but in terms of pace and balls in the air he’d struggle. Wolfe may well be good option, but would that then leave us short in the middle or f the park? That then raises the question re giving Wolfe more game time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast