+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Pie, Portable Toilet Seat, Manager

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Fully get what you are saying mate but I will say one thing.
    If we finish mid table,is that acceptable?
    For me personally,no it isn't.
    We win tonight and that is a relief but take nothing away,we are underperforming and somebody has to pay the price on that.
    Yes. If we finished mid table for the next 25 years that would be acceptable. The play offs would be great. But we where never going to finish anywhere other than midtable this season after the crippling injuries.
    We could easily go on a run now and finish around 8th or 9th. Who knows. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Look at Barnsley.
    Us and all the others, Stoke, Cardiff, Middlesborough, etc there is no difference. We will all finish midtable give it take a few points. I'd much rather follow us who play football and have good young players.
    The likes of Stoke are painful. But yet we are all going for the play offs and all feel and same.
    Next season could be a decent one as we do have a good young side but it delves on how many injuries to key players we have. If we get lucky with that then we could push on then. It could be our time to step out of that midtable pack.

Robin as someone independent I hoped I could ask a question about todays goal for Rovers (assuming you have seen it). While I'm very happy it went in and I feel he deserves that.....as the ball leaves Dolans foot and then goes onto the defenders foot then rebounds off Gallaghers ribs and nestled nicely into the corner of the net .....would you say luck played a part in that particular goal? Or ....would you say it was something that Tony Mowbray has been working on the lads with ....
    "Right Tryhs I want you to mis-kick the ball here...onto the defenders foot, then Sam ...I want you to use your rib to knock this into the corner ...."

Would that goal be

A. Luck
    B. A well worked training ground move.

Good morning phill.
    My question to you is,would venkys be happy with 25 years of mid table?
    Injuries have played a part in our form being inconsistent but so has tampering with the team.
    Tony mowbray cannot help injuries but recently he seems unsure of his best team.
    Now some of that is players underperforming and some is rotation for the sake of it.
    I will stand here and say the squad we have should not be where we are and yes injuries have hampered us but we still had a pretty good squad of players to choose from.
    Just for the record it was a lucky goal however we deserved it yesterday as I thought we played well.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Good morning phill.
    My question to you is,would venkys be happy with 25 years of mid table?
    Injuries have played a part in our form being inconsistent but so has tampering with the team.
    Tony mowbray cannot help injuries but recently he seems unsure of his best team.
    Now some of that is players underperforming and some is rotation for the sake of it.
    I will stand here and say the squad we have should not be where we are and yes injuries have hampered us but we still had a pretty good squad of players to choose from.
    Just for the record it was a lucky goal however we deserved it yesterday as I thought we played well.
    He changed thing round yesterday, and it worked. Buckley came in from the cold and played well. Trybull has played 2 games in a row and that's worked. Taking Travis out has worked.
    Bringing Rankin Costello worked. He made our first goal.
    Venkys will happily carry on putting money in, until they aren't anymore. Us reaching the Prem is not part of that deal.
    Its not what Mowbray was brought in to do. If we don't make the play off's he wont be sacked for not achieving that.
    He was never at all brought in under the pretence ...you must GET US PROMOTED.
    That was only the case in Div1. Where he acheived his set target within one season. And has improved us every since.
    I am still unsure what people think he has failed at?
    That's the point, we have had to play 6 different centre half partnerships this season. Not due to squad rotation. We do that quite well. Like yesterday. Its the crippling injuries to key players in key positions. That's had a huge effect on whrere we are. That was the reason for the past 6 games.
    And once you start playing well, like we have at Reading, like we did yesterday, that bit of luck normally follows.
    I believe you earn your luck in football. On Tues we had none. And where just unlucky. Yet people still called for his head? Inexplicable.
    We won yesterday and everything is ok again. Nobody calling for him to be sacked. In another few weeks, in another few wins we will be back on track again.

That lad who came on here to blame it all on Mowbray will disappear like the rest of them and we carry on.

Champs my young padawan, you write me off much too early you do. Let’s look at the great result at Millwall which you correctly predicted.
    Did we adapt our team? Yes. 6 out of 10 changes to the outfield set up was brave and worked. Dropping Elliot and encouraging Dolan to run at them was a good move. Armstrong being out also helped. Why? Because once again we had less than half the possession and looked more threatening.
    Against Reading we had two thirds possession and mustered 2 shots at goal. Against Millwall under half the possession and a barmy 5 shots on target!
    Changes should have come earlier as we were going nowhere fast. From the changes TM made I can only think that he has been following our blog!
    Tony if you’re reading we do have a lot of hamstring issues! Just saying.
    Anyway Champs I hope your first day back at school went well. ☺

Quote Originally Posted by WazzaofWhalley View Post
    Champs my young padawan, you write me off much too early you do. Let’s look at the great result at Millwall which you correctly predicted.
    Did we adapt our team? Yes. 6 out of 10 changes to the outfield set up was brave and worked. Dropping Elliot and encouraging Dolan to run at them was a good move. Armstrong being out also helped. Why? Because once again we had less than half the possession and looked more threatening.
    Against Reading we had two thirds possession and mustered 2 shots at goal. Against Millwall under half the possession and a barmy 5 shots on target!
    Changes should have come earlier as we were going nowhere fast. From the changes TM made I can only think that he has been following our blog!
    Tony if you’re reading we do have a lot of hamstring issues! Just saying.
    Anyway Champs I hope your first day back at school went well. ☺
    **last week
    Did you know that in coaching luck is not recognised. It doesn't exist. I have a pro license that tells me that.

**sat game-day arrives. We win by 2 lucky deflected shots.

But you aren't on the wind up no

By the way, when we played Reading we made 5 changes to game before. So that destroys yet another point you think you are clever enough to make.

You amuse me.

As predicted. In the next 2 games you will disappear altogether. Back under that rock.
    Last edited by champs95; 08-03-2021 at 11:21 AM.

Just out of interest> What score did you predict last week?
    You type a hell of alot of words that nobody reads.
    But yet I am struggling to find any kind of prediction?
    I mean, any halfwit can come online and say everything is ****, and we will lose every game.
    But yet you are trying to act the clever man here?
    I'd respect you if you just said, fine I was wrong.
    Instead you have joined a site, to post drivel.
    The others just ignore you. I laugh at you. And thus far, everything you have said is factually incorrect.

But you are definitely not on the wind up no?
    Its not a matter of opinion. We won on Sat.
    You expertly said we wouldn't.
    I told you we would. I even told you the score line.

And after posting here for best part of 20 years, knock off the personal insults or you won't be posting here much longer.

Champs, over the last week you have claimed that I am a halfwit, a real prat, stupid and you refer to my posts as those of the ramblings of an old man.

I am as entitled as anyone else to my opinion. I think that maybe I just have higher expectations. I agree that the Venky's have put a lot of money into the club but for me it has been like buying a Porsche and filling it with diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by WazzaofWhalley View Post
    Champs, over the last week you have claimed that I am a halfwit, a real prat, stupid and you refer to my posts as those of the ramblings of an old man.

I am as entitled as anyone else to my opinion. I think that maybe I just have higher expectations. I agree that the Venky's have put a lot of money into the club but for me it has been like buying a Porsche and filling it with diesel.
    The opening post was that of a half wit. The ramblings of an old man.
    Over the week I explained to you my feelings. And I stuck to them. And made a prediction.
    I tore your silly comments to shreds. And backed up every single word I had been saying. Which you attempted and failed to laugh at. I challenged your opinion, and told you exactly why it was wrong, and I even spelt out what would happen. Which it did.

And instead of coming back on here to either laugh it off, or simply put your hand up and accept you are wrong, you attempted the old enjoy school comment. The fact you are having to resort to spelling, and all that other drivel means you are way out of your depth on the conversation you came here to discuss, football.

So after posting here for 20 years, I can tell you how this will pan out for you. Like how I told you how last week would pan out.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)