+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Pie, Portable Toilet Seat, Manager

Quote Originally Posted by WazzaofWhalley View Post
    Champs, over the last week you have claimed that I am a halfwit, a real prat, stupid and you refer to my posts as those of the ramblings of an old man.

I am as entitled as anyone else to my opinion. I think that maybe I just have higher expectations. I agree that the Venky's have put a lot of money into the club but for me it has been like buying a Porsche and filling it with diesel.
    Pre-Covid, on a good day ....we would get 9 thousand fans at Ewood. When you say Porsche? In terms of football, why would one of the poorest towns in the UK who get the 4th lowest crowd in a division who have always historically finished midtable, why would you compare them to a Porsche? Venky's are unable to spend their fortune with us, due to FFP. We get pathetically small crowds. In a division where most clubs are City based, and have far bigger support.
    When you say you have higher ambitions than me?
    Could you go into detail and explain why you feel Blackburn Rovers, with no money and an average of 9 thousand fans are consider a Porsche? In your world.
    Why would you expect a club formed in 1875 who have almost always been a midtable 2nd Division club to suddenly become a Porsche?
    Or are you actually still stuck in 1994?
    We where down in the old 3rd Division 3 seasons ago.
    It has been over a decade since we where a Prem Club?
    What changed at the start of this season for you to get all this from?
    Did FFP change?
    Do you understand FFP?
    Do you realise its 2021, and not 1994?
    Do you realise Jack Walker's money ran out a long time ago.
    Have you been inside Ewood in the past 4 seasons?
    Did you not notice 3/4 of the ground empty?

Where is your rationale behind your Porsche comment? As you say, have your opinion. Explain it.

Chimp Chumps

When the Venky’s took over BRFC was a Porsche. It wasn’t a Ferrari or a Lambo, it was a Porsche. It was a Porsche because all Premiership clubs were Porsches. Every single year Rovers were in the premiership they were valued as one of the world’s top 50 richest clubs. Why? I hear you say.

Other than the fact that you present as a brainless smellfungus, it is about, wait for it, everyone else in the world knows except you…. it’s all about TV revenue! Doh!

The Premiership is the most watched league in the world. In fact, in 2015 the Premier League received over £5,000,000,000. (5 billion) This was distributed equally amongst 20 clubs!

The reason people like Kroenke, Glazers, Mansour, Sriv are involved is that it is prestigious to be involved in the world’s favourite competition, it offers exposure and a very healthy income, regardless of fanbase.

So BRFC was a Porsche and the Venky’s were the diesel. Not knowing that relegation was a thing and the sacking of Big Sam in favour Steve Kean was the obvious turning point. It broke the club down.

You may recall that about 8,000 fans would boycott games. Many of these never returned.

You rant about poverty and town size but you seem to have forgotten that there is a smaller, poorer town just down the road doing quite well in the Premiership and has been doing for some years now.

Money helps, sure. FFP seems a little harsh on clubs with big benefactors and deep pockets and having as many transfer embargos as Barcelona isn’t how I would ever want to be compared to them but we were a Porsche you mumpsimus.

And now we are a Ford.

You talk about me living in the past but call yourself Champs 95!

Are you the scarecrow from The Wizard of OZ?

Chimp Chumps

When the Venky’s took over BRFC was a Porsche. It wasn’t a Ferrari or a Lambo, it was a Porsche. It was a Porsche because all Premiership clubs were Porsches. Every single year Rovers were in the premiership they were valued as one of the world’s top 50 richest clubs. Why? I hear you say.

Other than the fact that you present as a brainless smellfungus, it is about, wait for it, everyone else in the world knows except you…. it’s all about TV revenue! Doh!

The Premiership is the most watched league in the world. In fact, in 2015 the Premier League received over £5,000,000,000. (5 billion) This was distributed equally amongst 20 clubs!

The reason people like Kroenke, Glazers, Mansour, Sriv are involved is that it is prestigious to be involved in the world’s favourite competition, it offers exposure and a very healthy income, regardless of fanbase.

So BRFC was a Porsche and the Venky’s were the diesel. Not knowing that relegation was a thing and the sacking of Big Sam in favour Steve Kean was the obvious turning point. It broke the club down.

You may recall that about 8,000 fans would boycott games. Many of these never returned.

You rant about poverty and town size but you seem to have forgotten that there is a smaller, poorer town just down the road doing quite well in the Premiership and has been doing for some years now.

Money helps, sure. FFP seems a little harsh on clubs with big benefactors and deep pockets and having as many transfer embargos as Barcelona isn’t how I would ever want to be compared to them but we were a Porsche you mumpsimus.

And now we are a Ford.

You talk about me living in the past but call yourself Champs 95!

Are you the scarecrow from The Wizard of OZ?
    what? more drivel

Champs can you fill in the missing letters?

If I only had a br*in!

And it's not Brian!

Thanks for the advice Champs, great riposte. Glad you find me amusing.

Did you know that in the world of coaching, the word UNLUKY, is banned. It is generally considered bad technique. I only mention this because you keep trying to justify your rather poly view and Rovers' run as being purely down to luck and not to do with the way we set up.

Hopefully we'll set up differently on Saturday and give Millwall a game. Or will it just be unlucky if we lose?

Now imagine if we win the next 5 games. Would you say that we were lucky?

Open your eyes man.
    ]
    Luck doesn't exist in Football. Actual quote.

3 days later we win by 2 lucky deflected goals in a game you stated we would lose.
    I told you we would win 2-0.

You have amused me from day one.
    Everytime you have to resort to name calling, I know I am getting to you. More and more.

I have been saving this question as it will be the funniest of all.
    Your swansong on this site
    You won't be hear much longer.
    Who did you play professional football for?

This one will be the best one yet ..........

KFC mate, you?

Chumps, looks like you've been offending people on here for a decade! Look what I found from 2011!

Found to be inbred by who? A delusional Bowyer fan-boy who slings angry, baseless stereotypes at anyone and everyone who disagrees with his repetitive one-dimensional viewpoint?

Someone had your number!

KFC mate, you?
    Why did you say you where a professional footballer?

Champs,

Two days ago you posted "this site has died. That was officially my last post. I come here to get away from these stupid posts."

And then you do exactly what you claim to come here to get away from by posting aggressive slurs. The only way we get 9 points from the next 5 games is with a change of management or divine intervention.

Our best win of the season (against 11men) was against Derby. We won 0-4 and had 37% of possession. Our next best result of the year (against 11 men) was when we dug out a 0-1 win against Boro, once again we had less of the ball. Away at Birmingham, great 0-2 win, less of the ball. My point is that it is not all about possession. You must adapt to your strengths.

If you have tall, tough strikers then you can play longballs and crosses into the box, when you have a whippet like Armstrong, the quick break catches defences off guard. Having square ball possession gives defences time to set and you become predictable. You must be able to see this. We don't have an Iniesta or a Silva. Over the years, Barsa and Man City have had great success with possession based football however Man Utd, Real Madrid and more latterly Liverpool have used the quick break very effectively to win games, leagues, championships.

It's not rocket science, we are just too predictable. When teams set up with two banks of four, we cannot break them down. Simple as. We are not cute enough, not good enough so we have needed to adapt and we haven't. This lack of flexibility has got to come from management.

With regard to your assertion that 98% of clubs will be perceived as failing this year, I'm not sure about the maths here. As previously mentioned I don't know how old you are but hopefully by the time you leave school you will understand that around 50% of clubs will do better than last year, and 50% will do worse. As stated earlier I would have been happy with a top 10 finish this year.

With regard to the attack on my credentials, I played my last professional game in 1990. In 1991 I completed my FA Prelim Coaching Badge Upper Tier alongside Peter Reid, when he was manager of Man City. I then coached abroad in La Liga and MLS. This was at the time the highest coaching qualification available and only a prerequisite for 1st Division (PL) managers. It was later rolled out to Europe before changing its name to Pro Licence and the lack of is what prevented David Platt from sitting on the bench at Sampdoria but not me. I have since then written several books on football coaching and have more latterly been the chairman of the PFS before retiring in 2008.

Regardless of the above we are all entitled to our opinions.

Rovers, a really well run club for years, became a basket case when Venky's took over. Not being aware that relegation was a thing is comparable with BJ telling us that masks offer no protection. The enormity of the problem was compounded by the high number of average players on very lucrative contracts who were simply unwilling to leave and why should they? They were happy to turn up for training, not play and bank millions.

This needed addressing and I am not sure where the credit for addressing this should go. Somehow though I doubt it had much to do with Tony Mowbray. Unless of course he is a better business man than he is manager, which come to think of it ....

At a time, in my twilight years when I should be enjoying watching my team, my greatest hope at the moment is that ALK Capital can have a similar impact on our near neighbours as the Venky's did on us.

Sad times!
    lets have a look at this

With regard to the attack on my credentials, I played my last professional game in 1990

**** me you actually believe this yourself don't

This one is brilliant -

In 1991 I completed my FA Prelim Coaching Badge Upper Tier alongside Peter Reid, when he was manager of Man City. I then coached abroad in La Liga and MLS.

This one is by FAR the best I have read in 20 years of posting on here ....pure fantasy ....

was at the time the highest coaching qualification available and only a prerequisite for 1st Division (PL) managers. It was later rolled out to Europe before changing its name to Pro Licence and the lack of is what prevented David Platt from sitting on the bench at Sampdoria but not me. I have since then written several books on football coaching and have more latterly been the chairman of the PFS before retiring in 2008.

Then you resort to name calling.
    Try to predict something, and failed.
    Got owned by me.
    Laughed at.
    And all you have left is more insults.

I have seen so many wind up merchants here over the years. This one is a classic.

I said you where on the wind up well before you wrote all this fantasy stuff above. And that feeling remains.

You have 2, maybe 3 posts left before your gone.
    So make them good

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)