+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pie, Portable Toilet Seat, Manager

Over of you Champs.!

Quote Originally Posted by WazzaofWhalley View Post
    Champs not a wind up, just a difference of opinion.

Yesterday (before the game) you were singing Brererton's praises by virtue of him scoring 5 goals in 29 games. For me this is not good enough for a forward. You may expect it from a defensive midfielder. You may argue that he is playing out of position, and I would love to be proven wrong. Please believe me that we are on the same side here. Another manager may play him as a number 9 which would of course settle this debate however TM has to take responsibility. Last night Brererton spent the game deep taking wild shots from outside the area. I wouldn't question his enthusiasm, just his ability. For 7m in the Championship I wold expect more than 5 goals from what is now 30 games.

With regard to Elliot returning to Liverpool and making it into the first team I would not be so sure of this. I understand that he is a kid but what we need at the moment is 11 players who will scrap to change this run, not kids who have already banked 1.5m and haven't yet been able to yet take a driving test. Why would we sign Zidane when we've got Tim Sherwood springs to mind.

TM was quite clearly plotting his departure in the post match last night and for me it has to happen sooner otherwise we may not be playing in the same league as Big Sam next year.

Not trying to wind you up Champs and I don't know how old you are but mark my words we are in a relegation battle. At the beginning of the season I was hopeful of a top 10 finish however when you strip out the wins against 10 men having all the possession doesn't win us games.

Last night TM said he was a student of the game. I can only think he was referring to tiddlywinks.

If we get 4 points from the next 5 games I would be happy. How sad is that?

Wazza
    We played very well last night. One mistake from a 17 year old cost us dearly.

One mistake from an 18 year old cost us 3 points on Sat.

This will all change very quickly. And soon.

Brereton was excellent last night. Best player on the pitch by a mile. Most improved player of ours, having s very good season. Not a clue what you are talking about. Not even going to try and understand.

We will get 7-9 points from the next 3 games and once we do get a win then expect a run of them. The fact the forthcoming games are tough on paper makes me even more sure it will all turn round very quickly.

We played really well last night. Good ser up. Good formation. Everyone was decent enough. I felt we where extremely unlucky.

Soon we will go from losing every game by one goal to winning numerous by one goal. Such is the tiniest of balance between winning and losing at this level.

I'm old enough to have seen this all happen over and over and over. At every level of english football from the very top to the very bottom. And everywhere in between. I've bought the t-shirt forgotten I owned and got another.

Its just a simple case of putting disappointment to one side and understanding of football as a while.

Blackburn Rovers are one of 98% of clubs that will be perceived as failing this season. Like 98% we will be back next season.
    Still midtable in the Champ.

If you can't see the quality that Brereton brings and the improvements he is showing, I would absolutely question your knowledge of football. Not question Tony Mowbray who has spent his entire life in football.
    You didn't spend your life in football. You will have spent a life of talking about how football should work.
    I have spent decades surrounded by numerous people who have been going to football matches for 30/40 years, but have absolutely no understanding of the actual game, and how it works.

Its all good and well sitting online saying all this, making no decisions, seeing no training, never playing a game of professional football in your entire life. Being able to work with young professional athletes, whilst also understanding how the inside of a football club works, how to stabilise a sinking ship. How to do all these things at once is a skill set you, me or anyone else not involved in football would understand.

Which is why this stuff is ignored, and your comments are just that. They mean nothing, have no impact and carry no significance.

Champs,

Two days ago you posted "this site has died. That was officially my last post. I come here to get away from these stupid posts."

And then you do exactly what you claim to come here to get away from by posting aggressive slurs. The only way we get 9 points from the next 5 games is with a change of management or divine intervention.

Our best win of the season (against 11men) was against Derby. We won 0-4 and had 37% of possession. Our next best result of the year (against 11 men) was when we dug out a 0-1 win against Boro, once again we had less of the ball. Away at Birmingham, great 0-2 win, less of the ball. My point is that it is not all about possession. You must adapt to your strengths.

If you have tall, tough strikers then you can play longballs and crosses into the box, when you have a whippet like Armstrong, the quick break catches defences off guard. Having square ball possession gives defences time to set and you become predictable. You must be able to see this. We don't have an Iniesta or a Silva. Over the years, Barsa and Man City have had great success with possession based football however Man Utd, Real Madrid and more latterly Liverpool have used the quick break very effectively to win games, leagues, championships.

It's not rocket science, we are just too predictable. When teams set up with two banks of four, we cannot break them down. Simple as. We are not cute enough, not good enough so we have needed to adapt and we haven't. This lack of flexibility has got to come from management.

With regard to your assertion that 98% of clubs will be perceived as failing this year, I'm not sure about the maths here. As previously mentioned I don't know how old you are but hopefully by the time you leave school you will understand that around 50% of clubs will do better than last year, and 50% will do worse. As stated earlier I would have been happy with a top 10 finish this year.

With regard to the attack on my credentials, I played my last professional game in 1990. In 1991 I completed my FA Prelim Coaching Badge Upper Tier alongside Peter Reid, when he was manager of Man City. I then coached abroad in La Liga and MLS. This was at the time the highest coaching qualification available and only a prerequisite for 1st Division (PL) managers. It was later rolled out to Europe before changing its name to Pro Licence and the lack of is what prevented David Platt from sitting on the bench at Sampdoria but not me. I have since then written several books on football coaching and have more latterly been the chairman of the PFS before retiring in 2008.

Regardless of the above we are all entitled to our opinions.

Rovers, a really well run club for years, became a basket case when Venky's took over. Not being aware that relegation was a thing is comparable with BJ telling us that masks offer no protection. The enormity of the problem was compounded by the high number of average players on very lucrative contracts who were simply unwilling to leave and why should they? They were happy to turn up for training, not play and bank millions.

This needed addressing and I am not sure where the credit for addressing this should go. Somehow though I doubt it had much to do with Tony Mowbray. Unless of course he is a better business man than he is manager, which come to think of it ....

At a time, in my twilight years when I should be enjoying watching my team, my greatest hope at the moment is that ALK Capital can have a similar impact on our near neighbours as the Venky's did on us.

Sad times!

Champs,

Two days ago you posted "this site has died. That was officially my last post. I come here to get away from these stupid posts."

And then you do exactly what you claim to come here to get away from by posting aggressive slurs. The only way we get 9 points from the next 5 games is with a change of management or divine intervention.

Our best win of the season (against 11men) was against Derby. We won 0-4 and had 37% of possession. Our next best result of the year (against 11 men) was when we dug out a 0-1 win against Boro, once again we had less of the ball. Away at Birmingham, great 0-2 win, less of the ball. My point is that it is not all about possession. You must adapt to your strengths.

If you have tall, tough strikers then you can play longballs and crosses into the box, when you have a whippet like Armstrong, the quick break catches defences off guard. Having square ball possession gives defences time to set and you become predictable. You must be able to see this. We don't have an Iniesta or a Silva. Over the years, Barsa and Man City have had great success with possession based football however Man Utd, Real Madrid and more latterly Liverpool have used the quick break very effectively to win games, leagues, championships.

It's not rocket science, we are just too predictable. When teams set up with two banks of four, we cannot break them down. Simple as. We are not cute enough, not good enough so we have needed to adapt and we haven't. This lack of flexibility has got to come from management.

With regard to your assertion that 98% of clubs will be perceived as failing this year, I'm not sure about the maths here. As previously mentioned I don't know how old you are but hopefully by the time you leave school you will understand that around 50% of clubs will do better than last year, and 50% will do worse. As stated earlier I would have been happy with a top 10 finish this year.

With regard to the attack on my credentials, I played my last professional game in 1990. In 1991 I completed my FA Prelim Coaching Badge Upper Tier alongside Peter Reid, when he was manager of Man City. I then coached abroad in La Liga and MLS. This was at the time the highest coaching qualification available and only a prerequisite for 1st Division (PL) managers. It was later rolled out to Europe before changing its name to Pro Licence and the lack of is what prevented David Platt from sitting on the bench at Sampdoria but not me. I have since then written several books on football coaching and have more latterly been the chairman of the PFS before retiring in 2008.

Regardless of the above we are all entitled to our opinions.

Rovers, a really well run club for years, became a basket case when Venky's took over. Not being aware that relegation was a thing is comparable with BJ telling us that masks offer no protection. The enormity of the problem was compounded by the high number of average players on very lucrative contracts who were simply unwilling to leave and why should they? They were happy to turn up for training, not play and bank millions.

This needed addressing and I am not sure where the credit for addressing this should go. Somehow though I doubt it had much to do with Tony Mowbray. Unless of course he is a better business man than he is manager, which come to think of it ....

At a time, in my twilight years when I should be enjoying watching my team, my greatest hope at the moment is that ALK Capital can have a similar impact on our near neighbours as the Venky's did on us.

Sad times!

So after all that waffle, you have not played professional football. You are an expert of talking a great game online.

You sound a real prat.
    I haven't got the time to waste it on people like you

We will get 7-9 points in the next few games

Today 4th March 2021 Blackburn Rovers exist solely down to Venkys.
    They invest millions every year. Lose millions every year. Ask for nothing in return.

Anyone, and I mean anyone bringing up things that happened 9 years ago is a bit stupid really.

It would be like bringing up a lad who has played every game for us on the wing, but saying he doesnt score enough goals. Maybe its because he doesnt play as striker? MAYBE that has something to do with it? Elliott has played the same amount of games but has not scored as many?
    But ignoring how many goals he has made? How many games he has been effective which got us the win.
    While he is doing his thing, we do have a striker who is one of the top scorers in the league. Yet you ignore that.
    You appear extremely good at ignoring some things, but you focus on others.

You are still talking about Shebby Singh. But ignore the millions they put into our acadmey.
    You yourself said we have not had to sell anyone for years now. But we only get 8k fans? There is a major flaw there.
    We have expert fans who sit online slagging everything off? But we have no real fan base. Thats killing our club.
    People who sit at home talking about how they got a Pro licenese 25 years ago talking a great game. And dont go and support their local football club.

Ignore the owners great work and ploughing money in so we have a club, yet here you are. Moaning about it all.

Champs
    Thanks for the reply during your playtime and good luck with the Key Stage 2 SATs! If you concentrate on your reading as well as your maths you should go far. Before you leave primary school you should apply to Hogwarts, that way you will be able to live in your own little magic world with your rose tinted glasses and pink unicorns.

Rather than Harry and Hermione it could be Tony and Champs!

The last post by the way has three meanings.

1 Catching the postie at the end of the day
    2 Commemorating the dead
    3 Not posting on dead websites

Which one were you referring to?

You know what has just dawned on me, are you Max Mowbray?

Champs
    Thanks for the reply during your playtime and good luck with the Key Stage 2 SATs! If you concentrate on your reading as well as your maths you should go far. Before you leave primary school you should apply to Hogwarts, that way you will be able to live in your own little magic world with your rose tinted glasses and pink unicorns.

Rather than Harry and Hermione it could be Tony and Champs!

The last post by the way has three meanings.

1 Catching the postie at the end of the day
    2 Commemorating the dead
    3 Not posting on dead websites

Which one were you referring to?

You know what has just dawned on me, are you Max Mowbray?

Why have you come on here?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)