+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking Forward To The Game

Looking Forward To The Game

Evening chaps and surprised to see you in that position. For sure if you score three at our ground we will need to score four!

We are looking improved with the new signings that Fat Sam has brought in but sadly there’s too many points to make up so we are going down!

That said - do like the championship as no VAR and more banter at Preston and Blackburn than Man City or Arsenal.

Take it easy this weekend!

Ha, you know you are in with more than a shout with our form. A win keeps your hopes alive, I see a draw, but you never know!

Evening, Al. Hope you're well.

I'm not anticipating a win but it's one of those games where we absolutely have to. If Joelinton is playing then the likelihood of us scoring at all is slim let alone 3 or 4. If Maxi and Almiron aren't fit then we won't create anything anyway \nd I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see us set up defensively.

You are more than capable of beating us, and that's not just pessimism-it's a fact.

Basically what zip said.

I'd say you're more likely to win than we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Evening, Al. Hope you're well.

I'm not anticipating a win but it's one of those games where we absolutely have to. If Joelinton is playing then the likelihood of us scoring at all is slim let alone 3 or 4. If Maxi and Almiron aren't fit then we won't create anything anyway \nd I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see us set up defensively.

You are more than capable of beating us, and that's not just pessimism-it's a fact.

We have started to play better because for once the midfield is now solid! If you stay up and we go down two players on loan to us will want to stay in the Premier

Gallagher from Chelsea - great engine
    Okay - Turkish midfielder who is solid

We have Everton at home Thursday so beat them and our lot will be right up for the match. Can’t see this happening as Fat Sam will want to rest players but in reality nothing less than six points will do! Can’t see it happening!

Fulham are decent and can see them getting out of it.....

Aye, Fulham have the momentum, for sure. Brighton are actually playing some decent stuff, too, but their main problem is scoring* so they're in the mix too, as are Burnley. Southampton are possibly the candidates for the team no-one expected to drop given their wretched form but they've possibly got enough points to ensure that a couple more wins will see them safe.

*not that they found it difficult against us.

Agreed on saints.

If they were on 26 points, or even 28 but I think 30 will be just enough.

Their next month of games are critical though - ignore City, who you'd expect them to lose to. They have Sheff Utd, Burnley, Brighton and Baggies.

If they win those, then they'll be safe. . . if they lose them then drags them down into the mix and really ****s us up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Agreed on saints.

If they were on 26 points, or even 28 but I think 30 will be just enough.

Their next month of games are critical though - ignore City, who you'd expect them to lose to. They have Sheff Utd, Burnley, Brighton and Baggies.

If they win those, then they'll be safe. . . if they lose them then drags them down into the mix and really ****s us up.

Evening Jammy - might put a tenner on us beating you as hear you will have a few players missing!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Evening Jammy - might put a tenner on us beating you as hear you will have a few players missing!
    To be honest mate, I'm gona probably stick money on you.

My betting luck is so ****e at the minute it might be best way to try and jinx you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    To be honest mate, I'm gona probably stick money on you.

My betting luck is so ****e at the minute it might be best way to try and jinx you.

I can see it in the stars - Gayle getting the winner!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)