+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kings Lynn update.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Encouraging news, but I'll still wait until 7:30 tomorrow to purchase my match pass.
    It will be refunded automatically if there is any drama. I had once cancelled due to bad weather and the level of professionalism in regards to the refund and speed it was processed was outstanding. If only our passes forward were as quick supporting Notts would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I do have some sympathy with the clubs that just cannot continue and in some respects at least Dover have taken a stance regardless of the repercussions. King's Lynn on the other hand look like they are just eeking it out to see what happens before making a final decision.

It's interesting that teams from the NLN and NLS have now decided to put a proposal to the NL about how they might be able to finish the season and still get promotion. I think let them get on with it, Dover now automatically relegated and let's see how easily King's Lynn manage to fulfill their fixtures with the threat of relegation looming over them.

I also agree that if there is no relegation then those who fail to fulfill their fixtures have a points deduction at the start of next season.

The NL is supposed to be an elite sporting competition, just a shame it's full of amateurs . . . what a time to be a Notts fan.
    Difficult to see how Dover would be able to complete the season from here and maintain the integrity of the league even if funding did become available. They will have seven games in hand on us after this evening and twelve on Altrincham who will play match 27 tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Difficult to see how Dover would be able to complete the season from here and maintain the integrity of the league even if funding did become available. They will have seven games in hand on us after this evening and twelve on Altrincham who will play match 27 tonight.
    Yeah, I think it's safe to say their season is over regardless. Just now need someone to make a decision about what happens to them and if a NLN/NLS mini season is feasible to guarantee promotion/relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Evesham Pie View Post
    If there is any relegation from the NL this year, and it's looking a big if at the moment, then those clubs failing to fulfil fixtures should be relegated. I do think expulsion is a bit harsh under the circumstances, so if there is no relegation this year then the likes of Dover should be subject to a significant points deduction for next year (10 points +). Otherwise it's really unfair on those clubs who continued to play on this year.
    Well it's really bad luck if you're problem is purely financial but there has to be some impact on clubs who won't take advantage of the offer of a loan when it means survival or collapse or somebody else pays.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Well it's really bad luck if you're problem is purely financial but there has to be some impact on clubs who won't take advantage of the offer of a loan when it means survival or collapse or somebody else pays.
    No good taking a loan if you can't afford to pay it back, just putting off the inevitable.

Still no bookies I can find offering odds on the game tonight. What do they know?

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    Still no bookies I can find offering odds on the game tonight. What do they know?
    Try LV Bet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12