+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gays on Television

It is an agenda. Only one side of it is allowed to be offended. I am offended every single day by the “pushed content” but you can’t say anything without accepting an avalanche of vitriol. I will end up getting rid of the TV. Been thinking about it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    It is an agenda. Only one side of it is allowed to be offended. I am offended every single day by the “pushed content” but you can’t say anything without accepting an avalanche of vitriol. I will end up getting rid of the TV. Been thinking about it for a while.
    We have a TV but hardly watch terrestrial stuff. Just watch, Prime, Netflix and YouTube channels.

Being gay is a minority butcha wouldnt think so watching the soaps. In one of the tiniest villages in England Emmerdale as currently 8 gays with a potential further two, plus an adulterous and murder accessory Vicar who helped to bury the dead victim. Every new actor who now enters the village must be potentially gay as though this goes on all the time. I dont watch it btw this was related to me by a friend.

It has already been posted that the percentage of the population that is homo***ual is actually statistically very low so why are so many characters portrayed on TV as homo***ual? It is the same with the black and ethnic population so why do the TV companies, portray it differently? If you look at the adverts it's very unusual to find a family situation where the whole of the family is white. This does not represent the reality of life in this country. There is even a smaller percentage who are homo***ual, yet again this is not represented by the media. It is only correct that these minorities are represented but let's put it into perspective of what the actual situation is in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Being gay is a minority butcha wouldnt think so watching the soaps. In one of the tiniest villages in England Emmerdale as currently 8 gays with a potential further two, plus an adulterous and murder accessory Vicar who helped to bury the dead victim. Every new actor who now enters the village must be potentially gay as though this goes on all the time. I dont watch it btw this was related to me by a friend.
    Two places to be avoided like the plague after lockdown are Midsomer and Emmerdale. One appears to be the murder capital of the UK, the other would probably lead to your being bummed to death by a probable 'alternative' s e x cult and buried by the vicar.

Being taken up the 'holiest of holies' in a god forsaken hole with your immortal soul on the line sounds like the kind of sh itty holiday I could do without but a complicated twist the script writers would go for. Well let me tell you, they can stick that right up their @rses.

Coronation Street not much better Phil - a puff as a vicar who can't make his mind up about Billy or Todd and even two ****age girls now at it! In Eastenders it's worse - you have a hard man in Ben Mitchell who is bent going out with the copper called Callum who is recently decided he's queer. My mrs watches this crap whilst I read a book. Even on celebrity Masterchef there was a raving queen.

The Voice the Saturday just gone left me gobsmacked - quite a good looking girl and the judges said who are you with - and she said my wife over there with her two boys. Feel sorry for the boys!

Everyone to their own but none of this should be on prime time television with kids still up. Why don't they create a gay channel so those who love this carry on and watch it in harmony!

PS - rainbow laces will come soon at football matches and may sit along taking the knee! The world has gone mad!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Coronation Street not much better Phil - a puff as a vicar who can't make his mind up about Billy or Todd and even two ****age girls now at it! In Eastenders it's worse - you have a hard man in Ben Mitchell who is bent going out with the copper called Callum who is recently decided he's queer. My mrs watches this crap whilst I read a book. Even on celebrity Masterchef there was a raving queen.

The Voice the Saturday just gone left me gobsmacked - quite a good looking girl and the judges said who are you with - and she said my wife over there with her two boys. Feel sorry for the boys!

Everyone to their own but none of this should be on prime time television with kids still up. Why don't they create a gay channel so those who love this carry on and watch it in harmony!

PS - rainbow laces will come soon at football matches and may sit along taking the knee! The world has gone mad!
    They have.....the BBC!

I mean who's called Billy these days? I knew a few Bills over the years but he was always called Bill. But if yome Gay it's Billy. Perhaps Billy Butlin was a bit y'know.

I mean who's called Billy these days? I knew a few Bills over the years but he was always called Bill. But if yome Gay it's Billy. Perhaps Billy Butlin was a bit y'know.

You never know Phil. Billy Butlin was quite partial to his miniature puffa puff trains going around the camps!

Do people really watch this stuff (soaps). I find the off button usually works if I watch something I am not interested in. Obviously if something interests me I keep watching, but soaps, really. I think I’d rather watch a football tactics show by presented by Tony Pulis. It shows that many deny watching this trash but secretly do eh!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)