+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gays on Television

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    Do people really watch this stuff ........
    No. I don't watch them. Neither does the wife when I'm in the same room. I get irregular updates on what is hot and what is not in the soap opera stakes from readers of this forum, who never watch them either. Apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by albionic68 View Post
    no. I don't watch them. Neither does the wife when i'm in the same room. I get irregular updates on what is hot and what is not in the soap opera stakes from readers of this forum, who never watch them either. Apparently.
    Last edited by Baggiemadguern; 03-03-2021 at 03:08 PM.

The best way to tell if a bloke is gay is to kiss him on the lips, if he closes his eyes he is, if he closes yours he isn't.
    Gay is a word they nicked to make it sound jolly and acceptable.
    They are homo***uals and should be called such.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    The best way to tell if a bloke is gay is to kiss him on the lips, if he closes his eyes he is, if he closes yours he isn't.
    Gay is a word they nicked to make it sound jolly and acceptable.
    They are homo***uals and should be called such.
    Want about if he's got a hanky hanging out is back trouser pocket, always thought that was a sign

As the saying goes Positive discrimination is still discrimination and that’s just logic.
    Same *** relationships will never be the new norm as in nature our species will not survive unless we commit to all births instigated via a test tube. Maybe this is the future, in which case I’m glad I won’t be around.
    Seriously though I don’t have any issues with same *** relationships but this over representation on TV can annoy at times. On the other hand maybe it’s to only way to get through to some of the many morons in our society who take the Neanderthal view that anyone dissimilar to themselves are target for some form of abuse or other.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    We have a TV but hardly watch terrestrial stuff. Just watch, Prime, Netflix and YouTube channels.
    Very wise.

You don't have to watch the soaps to know what the storylines are because you are bombarded with them through various media outlets. My wife and I honestly do not watch any soaps but we still know the type of things that are broadcast because of the reason I have just given.
    Allied to what I have just said, what also annoys us is the number of programmes which prior to the programme tell us what is going to be in the programme. When we watch 'Bargain Hunt', yes I know, sad isn't it, they preview what's on that day. We have to hold and then fast forward as they often show the items being sold and you can tell by he contestant's faces if they've made a profit or loss. There are many other programmes as well that do this. What' s the point?
    Last edited by Leicesterbaggie; 03-03-2021 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    You don't have to watch the soaps to know what the storylines are because you are bombarded with them through various media outlets. My wife and I honestly do not watch any soaps but we still know the type of things that are broadcast because of the reason I have just given.
    Allied to what I have just said, what also annoys us is the number of programmes which prior to the programme tell us what is going to be in the programme. When we watch 'Bargain Hunt', yes I know, sad isn't it, they preview what's on that day. We have to hold and then fast forward as they often show the items being sold and you can tell by he contestant's faces if they've made a profit or loss. There are many other programmes as well that do this. What' s the point?
    I’m not yet sad enough to watch Bargain Hunt, I watched a bit in the early days with David Dickinson but as soon as that tool Tim Wonnacott started doing it and doing that ridiculous kicking the leg out routine and forcing the contestants to do it as well I gave up, utterly childish and a glaringly sad attempt at having a gimmick.

Then the other idiot presenters started doing it......WHY FFS???

I totally agree with your point about programmes being spoilt by clips shown at the start, I too have started to fast forward and not look at the first seconds of stuff on TV.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)