+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gays on Television

Gays on Television

I am all for live and let live but for f uck sack

The Voice Saturday - girl singing with her wife in the background
    Rich Holiday Poor Holiday - two rich gay guys going on holiday together
    Celebratory Chef - another gay guy
    Holiday Programmes - always features gays looking for their dream property!

Even Coronation Street have just as many gays than straights - Billy, Paul, Sean and now Deb’s ****age daughter turning gay!

When will footballers do the equivalent of taking the knee for our gay friends?

No wonder schools are going for neutral gender toilets and doing away with uniforms!! The world has gone mad!

Let’s hope we can find a really good ‘ it ‘ to set the championship alight with pink laces!

I couldn’t agree more Al.

I accept it’s a generational thing and I’ll be classed as homophobic due to the era I was brought up in but I just can’t stand watching two blokes or two women kissing on TV.

I’ve worked in garages, shops, the grocery industry and the sports industry over 43 years and I’ve not come across the % of gay people that now get rammed down our throats on TV.

I’ve worked with openly gay men and women and had no problems at all with them, one of my first retail managers in Stourbridge at Hepworth Menswear was a well known local gay called Billy Bennett who looked like John Humphries.

Bill was one of the funniest people I’ve ever met and taught me a lot.

Non of of the gays I worked with acted or wanted to be treated and different to the non gay people, I didn’t ever see a single piece of gay bashing.

When you consider this was the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s it might surprise some but it’s a fact........being gay wasn’t an issue for the gays I knew and the straights that worked with them.

My cousin works at a university in the north east and she’s in charge of “Diversity” at her university.

She’s 36 and has never had a proper job in the real world, went straight from education into working in education......like my dad always said to me, this creates a problem for a lot who work in academia, their view of the world tends to be very childlike.

I’ve had to mute certain parts of her FB feed because she’s LBGT mad even though she’s straight, that said if you saw her picture you’d wonder how any bloke could fancy her!

We met up on holiday this year and she was all about BLM and didn’t like it when I pointed out they were black racists.

The whole TV thing has got stupid now, I’m sure Schofield only announced his gayness because he thought he was about to get replaced, I honestly think it was a career move on his part.

I’m so sick of it all now that I no longer know who most TV “personalities are, I stopped watching prime time TV about 10 years ago.

Is Larry Grayson still doing The Generation Game?

You had me worried there Al & Mick lol, I thought ohh no is this thread going to be red hot and extremely controversial!.

But seriously its a good and accurate view of whats forced on us these days on telly.
    Can somebody tell me here, what exactly do I pay my Tv licence fee for ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    You had me worried there Al & Mick lol, I thought ohh no is this thread going to be red hot and extremely controversial!.

But seriously its a good and accurate view of whats forced on us these days on telly.
    Can somebody tell me here, what exactly do I pay my Tv licence fee for ?.

I started watching YouTube on my TV today, I’m fascinated by serial killers and in particular The Golden State Killer in California, there’s some excellent YouTube content on this and many other subjects.

Tomorrow I’m going to watch our two 7-0 home wins against Barnsley including our hero Martyn Bennett playing his final match before injury ended his career.

Good idea uncle Mick lol. Im still trying to find highlights of your last league or cup win against us at Oakwell. Wish me luck, Im still searching.
    Anyway you mentioned You tube, do we need a Tv licence fee for watching this. At least we can all choose what to watch on this 'Channel', rather than be force fed the usual Pc garbage on Bbc & Itv etc!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Good idea uncle Mick lol. Im still trying to find highlights of your last league or cup win against us at Oakwell. Wish me luck, Im still searching.
    Anyway you mentioned You tube, do we need a Tv licence fee for watching this. At least we can all choose what to watch on this 'Channel', rather than be force fed the usual Pc garbage on Bbc & Itv etc!.
    On a smart TV you can simply watch YouTube via the App or you phone mate.

Err........1947 if you’re looking for the highlights Acid 😖😩
    Last edited by mickd1961; 01-03-2021 at 11:38 PM.

When I was a ****ager a gay bloke sometimes knocked around with us, he was a Welshman named Vince, he had been in catering and once served The Beatles.
    He was an absolute scream and a very funny person.
    He was older than us, early thirties and although he played up to his gay image way over the top he never tried it on with any of us.
    If we went to a pub with entertainment on and asked him what he thought of the group, he would say, Mmm the drummers a bit of alright.
    You have to imagine this in a Welsh accent.
    One of the funniest and nicest people I have had the pleasure to have known.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I am all for live and let live but for f uck sack

The Voice Saturday - girl singing with her wife in the background
    Rich Holiday Poor Holiday - two rich gay guys going on holiday together
    Celebratory Chef - another gay guy
    Holiday Programmes - always features gays looking for their dream property!

Even Coronation Street have just as many gays than straights - Billy, Paul, Sean and now Deb’s ****age daughter turning gay!

When will footballers do the equivalent of taking the knee for our gay friends?

No wonder schools are going for neutral gender toilets and doing away with uniforms!! The world has gone mad!

Let’s hope we can find a really good ‘ it ‘ to set the championship alight with pink laces!
    al

maybe the new normal is not being " normal "

fucked up world rite enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Greavseywolf View Post
    al

Your 100% right there Greavsey! Watching the Place in the Sun and there was two gays and they were looking at 1 bedroom flat and my young daughter said - where's the other one sleeping! I said the sofa and turned the television over and FFS - there were two lesbians kissing!

Quote Originally Posted by Greavseywolf View Post
    al

Wonder whether Mrs Schofield was partial to the doggie! Just saying......................

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)