+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: McPake

McPake

Courier quotes him as saying this - “ As a manager, I’ve had defeats, heavy defeats, and there have been times going home and wondering if this is really for me.”

At least we have that in common. We think this too but probably more regularly !

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Courier quotes him as saying this - “ As a manager, I’ve had defeats, heavy defeats, and there have been times going home and wondering if this is really for me.”

At least we have that in common. We think this too but probably more regularly !
    A manager who was a defender and captain and is unable to sort out the defence, do the honourable thing and resign.
    We are in a poor league and the goals against column is embarrassing.

This is the sort of comment that I would expect some more positive additional moments. Something like, but I love a challenge and you use the lows to make yourself stronger. McPakes comment is kind of like Hartley admitting that he did know what else he could do. That's not an exact quote but it was something along those lines that made it umpossible for him to carry on.

If he's having those kinds of doubts he really should do the right thing, for his own state of mind if nothing else.

In my opinion McPake is probably hanging on as manager as he would find it very difficult to obtain a similar job in Football paying such a good salary.
    I wish that McPake had carried out what he told the members of the Dundee FC in the Community Trust Seniors Group at the Q & A section meeting in March 2019. He was asked if he fancied become the manager of a football team and he replied that he had no plans to do that as he really enjoyed coaching the youth players.
    Someone must have persuaded McPake to change his mind.

If there had been fans at this seasons games, Mcpake would have had the message by now, only reason that he is still manager.

Ex well manager would be a guid fit.....think he will be an outside contender for dons job.

Be a real coup.to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Ex well manager would be a guid fit.....think he will be an outside contender for dons job.

Be a real coup.to get him.
    I agree , he would be a good choice, but unless Mcpake resigns, nothing will happen.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)